Different Midi CCs for Dual SVF / Digital FX Boards?

I was wondering if there are different midi CCs for the extra parameters/features such as filter parameters for the 1st and 2nd filters etc in the SVF and Digital Filter/FX boards?

.94 has added midi CC’s for the 2nd filter on the dual SVF board.
As for the digi board, I never built one yet, but doesn’t it do that already? You probably need to set up the alternative filter pages for it.

Yes, the CC #87 and #90 control the parameter of the secondary filter ; or the FX parameter 1 and 2 on the digital filter board. It is not possible to switch the filter routings or change the FX through CC, though…

Another question, when using the fcd72 programmer, with the digital filter board are there any knob substitutions, or do all 32 knobs do the same things as on the SMR4?

No there are no knob substitution. The knobs are addressing the first 32 parameters, the modulation matrix, arp/sequencer settings, filter 2 / cutoff 2 etc. are all beyond that.

wtf, i thought the digi filterboard doesn’t work with the programmer?
well, mine still doesn’t work at all… but should get back at it some day soon

The SVF filter board doesn’t work with the programmer.

i know. i thought the digiFX wouldn’t work with it too, as the filter and Shruthi mainboard are communicating. so maybe my issue was in the connections (i always connect with cables) misunderstanding what is connected where (as frequently happens here)

so that’s good news… and another huge drilling session for the backlog

The Shruthi <-> digital board communication is through the pin labelled “RX”. The Shruthi <-> programmer communication is through CLK, EN, Q7’, and CV1

it’s been a few months ago so i can’t remember how i did it but i assume it must have been incorrect.
i’ll try it again these days.

> It is not possible to switch the filter routings or change the FX through CC, though…

Is it possible to do this with NRPNs? I didn’t see anything in the manual about it.

I am not sure. If it’s not in the current version of the firmware it’ll be in the next since I plan to make the NRPN / CC handling more consistent.

• for that pichenettes! CCs for everything would be great!

a|x

I think the number of parameters exceeds the number of available CCs anyway…

@pichenettes not really- you currently start with CC #20, and go as far as 119. There are quite a few left. I seriously thing all the main synthesis parameters for all the boards should have CCs - i.e. all Osc/Filter/LFO options. The same CC can do different things with different boards, where no equivalent function exists.

That’s just my take on things, others might have different opinions.

a|x

> I think the number of parameters exceeds the number of available CCs anyway…

Even if that’s not the case, the tempo control (which contains the handy ext *2, /2, /4, /8) exceeds the 7 bits of CC resolution.

That said, it would be cool if the parameters available as CCs were transmitted as such. They are much easier than NRPNs to edit when recording param changes from ctrl/full mode to a sequencer.

@license I probably wouldn’t want to control tempo from another controller/a sequencer, anyway. I agree control tweaks should be transmitted as CCs though, where the parameter has a CC controller number. I have a feeling that’s the case currently, anyway, but I can’t check right now, as I’m at work.

a|x

> @license I probably wouldn’t want to control tempo from another controller/a sequencer, anyway.

It could definitely get unruly trying to automate tempo sync using NRPNs, and there’s not much reason to when you have proper MIDI clock pulse available. However, combining that clock pulse with the aforementioned divided tempo settings, transmitted with NRPN values 35-39, is useful for doing Roland X0X-style half-time and double time - and quadruple time and octuple time!

I believe all the controls are transmitted as NRPNs, but I am also at work and Shruthi-less at the moment.

@license you’re probably right about the controls transmitting NRPNs. Maybe there should be a NRPN/CC-send option somewhere. I think I remember automating param changes from Live, but I think I probably sent CC data from my MIDI controller, and did it that way, rather than recording control-tweaks from the Shruthi-1 itself.

a|x

Manual lists these CC’s:
4PM filter mode 92
4PM resonance flavor 93

How about fil2 cutff and fil2 res? Is there CC’s or NRPN for Steiner-Parker’s second filter page?