Dave Smith Mopho

My comparison between the Shruthi and the DS Mopho …Shruthi 10 out of 10, Mopho 1 out of 10. The Shruthi beats hit hands down on all counts apart from the trigger button, the Mopho is instant and very “on the button” my particular Shruthi tends to be a bit hit and miss, so if your using it live and trying to hit a cue point in something your playing along too (the button one holding down for 2 seconds) sometimes misses and you then have to wait for the next available cue point :slight_smile: Would there be a bug fix for this or something that would make it work instantly?

>Would there be a bug fix for this or something that would make it work instantly?
Yeah, its called MIDI Keyboard or MIDI Controller……

This is btw not a Bug, its the intended behavior as you don’t want to play your synth while you are using the UI. Therefore MIDI (Mutable Instruments Data Interchagne :wink: ) was Implemented so you can attach a dedicated Input Device.

QuNexus or some sort of cheap MIDI drum pad. Triggers anything.

LOL yeah I have some of those :slight_smile: but I use the MIDI input for data from my Vaco Loco Gorf sequencer at the moment, so unless I get a midi splitter box just to enable two devices into it I cant use a keyboard. :slight_smile:

Oh and why ever not “This is btw not a Bug, its the intended behavior as you don’t want to play your synth while you are using the UI. Therefore MIDI (Mutable Instruments Data Interchagne was Implemented so you can attach a dedicated Input Device.”

This is how I do use the Shruthi and for me its intended use, to tweak the sounds on the fly whilst it is being played from whatever device :slight_smile:

> Would there be a bug fix for this or something that would make it work instantly?

On firmware v1.0x, this is triggered by holding down the encoder and works more reliably. But you have to plan to hold the button 1s in advance.

Maybe get the XT? It has a dedicated trigger button.

Oh, the GORF can’t Merge MIDI? I have a suggestion about a slightly more sophisticated Sequencer :wink:

I think I can live with it to be honest, I don’t wont to move to v1.0 or above as I am happy with how it works on its current firmware, and yes I would like an XT version but cant afford one at the moment :slight_smile:

Oh, the GORF can’t Merge MIDI? I have a suggestion about a slightly more sophisticated Sequencer :wink:

At a £1000 for the basic version I think I will pass on that one my friend :slight_smile:

But it can Merge MIDI……

:slight_smile:

Would there be an easy way to wire a button to jam on a regular shruthi control board without modifying current firmware?

That would be cool if it could be done :slight_smile:

> without modifying current firmware?

No.

there is a guy on ebay that sells a midi merge in a cable that doesn’t add too much to your gear overhead. I feel your pain on the lack of thru circuits in modern devices :smiley:

The thing is I have synths with keys on and I have synths without keys and never the twain shall meet in my mind, the ones with keys are used to play music, the ones without are used to play sounds and that’s how my gear and workflow is. I am not one for sending note data to boxes as this defeats the object of the small form factor desktop unit in the first place, if I want to play notes on the boxes I use either the octave and pitch change functions or the sequencers either internal or external. And as you say herrprof even at this stage in its development MIDI is too restrictive in its approach:-)

Get a small midi merger, they’re not that expensive and always handy. :slight_smile:

does the mopho note trigger send its trigger note? maybe it can start the shruthi at the same time at least. You can also diy a simple midi note toggle pedal or something pretty easily.

Just tried it and no the trigger button doesn’t send a midi note message out to the Shruthi :frowning: good idea though so thanks for the suggestion :slight_smile: