Damaged anushri during assembling

before I wanted to put my fresh soldered anushri into the case I was about to check the voltage with the psu (7,5V 300mA) from my already working struthi.
I guess my fault was powering it without the control board connected - first the red points were around 2.4V then after 5min 0V - the psu had been destroyed (also won´t power up my struthi).
so far…
I bought 2 new psu - struthi works correct :wink: but checking the voltages on the ansuhri (with controler board connected) are like this.:
PSU is at 7,5V

input dc voltage (1) = 7,45V
Input DC voltage post (2) = 6.6V
LT 1054 (2) = 6.6V
(3) = 0,62V !
7805 1 = 6.6V

• = 0
    0 = 2,76V !
    7905 + = 0
    1 = 0,62V !
    0 = 1,3V !
    red points 2,5 - 2,74V !
    green points 1,3V !
    purple 2,6V !
    cyan 0,6V !

also checked with PSU set to 9V

input dc voltage (1) = 8,96V
Input DC voltage post (2) = 8,15V
LT 1054 (2) = 8,15V
(3) = 0,59V !
7805 1 = 8,15V

• = 0
    0 = 2,18V !
    7905 + = 0
    1 = 0,59V !
    0 = 1,1V !
    red points 2,12 - 2,18V !
    green points 1,11V !
    purple 2,11V !
    cyan 0,61V !

no lights,no sound,…

Looks like your 1054 is fried. Is it hot to the touch? I’d suggest checking for shorts then swapping out the 1054.

+1 on the damaged LT1054.

What kind of Wallwart did you use that it was destroyed??? Assuming you are from germany (deducted by your NickName) i recommend this which powers over here about everything (Shruthis, Anushris, MidiPals, 3 Shruthis at a Time, Various Prototypes, MS2000BR, AMT-8, Storio-2… it even charges my iPhone). Its absolutely resistant against shorts as i can assure you from various accidentally and forced misuse and won’t break even when you draw maximum current for prolonged time.

That link gives me about 18 results - which one exactly do you recommend?

This is my Standard Wallwart, powers 2 Shruthis (i just cut the wire and soldered 2 of these in Parallel), An Anushri and 2 Mysterious Prototypes and isn’t afraid of a Waldorf MicroQ. I have about 12 or 13 of them and i actually keep one in the glove compartment of my Car - besides a Can of Prosecco (you would want to offer the Officer a Dring when caught because of speeding, wouldn’t you?)

ewww you drink that stuff from CANs?

No, he makes the officer drink it :slight_smile:

I don’t make any Officer do anything. I only offer. I have a chilled glovebox compartment so i can offer cold Prosecco in the Summer . . . thats italian luxury!

solved

80% of my ICs have been on the wrong position,because it just said “insert ics” - in the struthi assembly every IC was named - so I didn´t thougt about that and just put them in like they fitted,not careing about their numbers!
The effect was killing a cheap ansmann 7.99€ PSU that had no wallwart,but was fine with the struthi - the new PSUs now have wallwarts and some more mA…
After replacing the ICs I got the following values:

PSU 7,5V

input dc voltage (1) = 7,57V
Input DC voltage post (2) = 6,76V
LT 1054 (2) = 6,76 (3) = -5,86V
7805 1 = 6,76V – = 0 0 = 5V
7905 + = 0 1 = -5,86V 0 = -5V
red points 5V
green points -5V
purple 4,1V
cyan -4,1V

lights yellow and sounds fat!

I guess that due to the low voltage (7,5V) I first put in the main board without the controler board connected,it could not have been possible to damage the chips,even if the PSU had a wallwart?

i guess you have been really lucky

I have just had a similar experience, the psu I have succesfully used on the struthi , after some voltage checks on the anushri, has killed the psu…