CVPal Wanted features

Hey all,

First, a million thanks to Olivier for the amazing work.
Not sure if this is the right place to share ideas for the CVPal … but here is a feature that would make it the perfect modular companion for me:
Would it be possible to add an advanced control of the clock division via CC, in the CV/Gate/Clock/Reset modes (ch. 12/13/14)? You could keep the easy way of changing the division factor by changing MIDI channel, but an extra CC value could modify the detault division value.
Another mode that would be nice would be to allow multiple clocks to run (say 3 clocks + reset)! Each of them having a CC to set their division factor.

The CVPal seems like the perfect modular MIDI implementation for me already, with duo + clock (with different division!) … but this would make it totally perfect :slight_smile:

Wouldn’t it be easier just sending the right trigger signals via midi instead of making everything complicated and build a Clockdivider into a CV Interface?

Yeah, use one of the drum modes (channel 10) and just create your 4 clock grids using a drum sequencer. You can even use that to have offsets, irregular patterns etc…

Oh right. Thats a good idea :slight_smile:
But is it as “tight” as going with the clock? I feel you would add the host software layer which should be okay but probably not as robust as a lower level clock hardware implementation …

Where is the difference sending a Clock tick or sending a note?

> But is it as “tight” as going with the clock? I feel you would add the host software layer which should be okay but probably not as robust as a lower level clock hardware implementation …

It’s USB, everything gets quantized to a 1ms grid anyway.