CVPal Firmware Tweak for x0x Heart

I wonder if anyone who knows their stuff firmware-modding wise might be willing to help me add a new mode to my CVPal.

Here’s what I’d like to have:

Pitch and gate outputs on sockets 1 and 2.

Socket 3 outputs a pulse if a new note with a high velocity is received, maybe with a threshold velocity value of 100 or so.

Socket 4 outputs a pulse if a legato note is detected (ie a new note is played before the previous one has been released). In this case, the v/oct output will immediately jump to the new note value.

I’m not sure if the main gate output should retrigger for legato notes. I need to try out some options with the actual modules to know how best to work with legato playing.

The new mode would need to replace one of the existing ones. Not sure which one yet, but I’m working on a little Arduino project (baby steps…), that might duplicate the functions of one or more of the stock CVPal modes, so losing one wouldn’t be a big deal for me.

If anyone is interested in taking on this little project, please drop me a PM. I don’t have much spare money at the moment, but I’m sure we could work out some kind of swap or something, by way of compensation for time spent.

Obviously, I’d also be happy for the tweaked firmware to be released for anyone else to use, though I realise it’s probably quite a ‘niche’ thing, really…

Cheers,

a|x