I made a quick custom Shruthi firmware, based on @Bjarne 's YAM for Shruthi, incorporating features from @TijuanaKez 's Ambika LIVE firmware. Specifically, I’ve added the DRM 1 and DRM 2 modulation destinations. You can download it here: https://github.com/AustinDodge/shruthi-1 There are compiled versions of the firmware there ready to use but I haven’t tested transferring the firmware over MIDI, let me know if there are issues.
The DRM modulation act similarly to the OSC 1 and OSC 2 destinations, except the pitch range is much greater. OSC 1 and OSC 2 only allow for a maximum change of +/- 16 semitones, which isn’t quite enough for intense percussive clicks and thumps. Sending modulation like an envelope to DRM 1 or DRM 2 can change the pitch by 32 semitones in either direction.
Because the DRM destinations allow for such intense pitch change, I’ve also modified the behavior of OSC 1 and 2 to make their pitch changes more subtle - they’ve always struck me as far too coarse, with a minimal amount of modulation producing a less-than-subtle effect. OSC 1/2 only have a maximum pitch range of +/- 2 semitones now, but this allows for much more subtle pitch variations, making them more useful for subtle fattening, bending, and “analoging” effects. Patches that have modulation routed to OSC 1/2 will need to be modified to sound identical in this firmware, either multiplying the modulation amount by 8, or changing the destination to DRM 1/2 and halving the modulation amount.
It’s a fairly minor change and there shouldn’t be any issues, but please let me know if you find any bugs!