CTRLR Panel Editor share & help!

Thanks snk! Much easier on the eyes.

Made a couple of more changes. I have been stuck in Fargo ND this week in a hotel and not a lot of work at the job site, so, more time to play! :stuck_out_tongue:

• Added a Portamento Rate knob
  • Added a Modulation “Wheel” (vertical slider)

Uploading the panel to the ctrlr ddb was not working very well, so I hosted it on the ctrlr forum. Direct download

Anything else needed??

I am wondering if it would be possible to have one single CTRLR panel featuring every kind of filters ?

The reason is that i have a Dual SVF version, so i was thinking about making a “dual svf” version of your CTRLR, but i realized that i would have to re-make it each time your CTRLR gets updated (and so is anybody with a “no-standard-filter” Shruthi and lack of programing skills).
So, having a single CTRLR panel, embedding every kind of filters might make the update process simpler??

(Well, really it is only my 2cents, as maybe it would require a lot of dirty work under the hood, and also as it seems simpler for updating each Shruthi version’s CTRLR, it might not be as simple and straight-forward to use ?)

@fcd72: i was wondering about that, too.
in this thread: http://mutable-instruments.net/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=898&page=1#Item_6
it sounded like, there is no master volume controll which controlls the sound to the filter board, not the ccs.
if cc7 is about the first thing, the thing in this thread is possible with two oscillators at the same time now.

@snk, I had thought of that last night. My thought was to make the filter section have tabs to scroll through the different filter boards. I’ll look into it later today.

@qp Pitch\\Octave would be the final thing :wink:

@ snk, I added Tabs to the filter section. Right now all I have added is SMR-4 and Dual SFV. I only have an SMR-4 board so I cannot test the SFV. If you could check it out for me and let me know if it’s all good. Nothing like blind programming :stuck_out_tongue: Here’s the panel

@BobSwanS, I was planning on getting that in there eventually. Right now I am working on getting the codes in order for a patch transfer and, if possible, get the panel to update when a patch is loaded. And, I’d assume you mean the “Master Tune”, right?

@qp Yes i mean the Master tune. The panel update thing did spring to mind while i was playing with it ,That would be excellent, Thanks for all your time and effort

“Thanks for all your time and effort” => +1, yes thank you, qp.
I will try the CTRLR Panel.

Zut, it crashes Reaper and Live (but i don’t know if it is due to this specific panel or this Ctrlr build, or even my midi configuration)…
I’ll report anthing i find.

Looks amazing now. I hope I’ll have some time for music making soon!

thanks!

@ snk, after the inital version, I switched from the stable ctrlr to the latest nightly version 5.0.2 rev 915. If your running an older version, maybe this is causing the crash. Let me know what you find out.

Errh, i feel a bit dumb : i used to use the old version of Ctrlr (where you would download a .DLL for each Ctrlr, it was v4 i guess), now i don’t know how to set it up : with the previous versions, i remember i just turned a knob from the Ctrlr, and it was modifying the hardware device settings as expected.
Now, when i turn a knob it does nothing.
I just checked the Device Midi settings, and it seems i can’t enable the correct device as it is already enabled in my DAW.
I’ll investigate.

[but at least it doesn’t crash with latest version]

@snk I had to download Bomes and Midiyoke to get it working in ableton, I found a post on the ctrlr forum that gives you step by step instructions, I got it set up in ableton in 1 rack device, i then mapped all the pots\\sliders to my Novation nocturn, i had to save the channel as a preset by saving it as a live clip by dragging it into my ableton browser clips folder

http://ctrlr.org/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=475

If you follow these instructions but use a rack instead of 2 midi tracks you should be fine

Now i dont even know what platform you are on,so i may have just wasted my time
but hope you figure it out

No, Bob, you didn’t waste your time, thanks a lot :slight_smile:
I am on Windows, and i am a Live user too.
Thanks, i will check that link, it shoudl be very useful.

(But it bugs me out to have to use a virtual midi driver like MidiYoke which ruined my setup a couple of years ago… !)
Does anyone know any other, more straight-forward solution ?
How do you all do so far, to control the Shruthi with a VST editor ?

Does anyone have any experience with T Erichsen’s loopMIDI Midi driver ?
http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/rtpMIDI.html

@snk

How is it working out as a VST and in general? When building it I was only using it as a stand alone and the couple times I have used it during creative moments. I did try it in Cubase 5 as a VST and was not having any luck.

Also, I delved deeper into figuring out how to get the panel to update parameters either with patch change or a “get patch” function and there is a TON of code to do that. I know nothing of C++ and even less of LUA, so, I doubt I will get that implemented. But, if anyone knows how to do this, by all means, DO IT :smiley:

Hi, QP. Thanks for caring.
I will try the standalone, it seems to be the consensus.
I think it might be because i already have one of my Midi out enabled in my DAW, so it won’t output from the VST.
I think i will need to install a virtual midi cable to be able to use the VST plugin.

@qp

I have no problems with it as a VST on Windows 7 in Live 8.2.7
Yes you do need to have Bome’s and Midiyoke running but it runs great

Like i mentioned in my earlier post, I have several pages assigned on my Novation nocturn
to deal with most parameters, The only problem i have is with ableton not remembering the midi mapping every now and then.

uploaded V1.4 to the ctrlr ddb (this time it worked) or direct dl here

• Added “vowel” wave to OSC 1 (apparently I had missed that one)
  • Set all parameters to Shruthi’s default bootup patch, 1 init. This does not mean that the editor updates to patch changes automatically, unfortunately. I just went through 1 init and set all of the parameters to the editor before saving it and uploading it.

Good to hear Bob. Glad it’s working out!

Thank you !