Control board test results in led 1 5 and 7 lit...[fixed] rn1 recut

… and no button function…

Known build issue: originally tested missing d1, d1 now fitted.

Extra query… would a board ‘work’ without the leds, pots and the encoder. ie boot and be triggerable from midi?

Thanks again in advance.

Check you don’t have the two chips on top of the control board swapped. The 165 and 595.

Extra query… would a board ‘work’ without the leds, pots and the encoder. ie boot and be triggerable from midi?
I think that you have to put the pots into place, or at least some resistors to force the middle pin to a voltage value.

@6581punk Thankfully not, that was one I definitely quadruple checked on route… and triple checked just now…

did your 165 enter in contact with the regulators on the filter board?

Leaving the Pots would mean the A/Ds on the ATMega are floating, resulting in constantly flickering Values. Check you have the resistor Network the right way round…

@MicMicMan thanks for the extra query input

@MicMicMan re 165 and regs. Again definitely not, spacers in place and super levels of caution…

@fcd72 Thanks too, resistor network is a 9 pin from farnell and has the last two pins cut off close to pin 8 plus the dot to the inside/topside/lcd side of the board (next to RN1)

Check for RN1. BTW, as constantly proved by myself being to dumb to solder D1 right and then cutting it i can confirm it would work just as well without…

Checked rn1 further and resistance to pin 7 is way higher than 10k, my DMM isn’t sure (!?) but it’s at least 1.2MOhms. All 1->2 1->3 etc are all 10k ish… Thanks fcd72. Any clues as to how to cut better??

Cut between pin 8 and 9 and trim pin 8?

Öhm, the resistance between every Pin and the Common Pin should be 10k…
If not; Cut, desolder and put in a new one. Or a series of 10K Resistors all connected to the Common Pin.
Or do it the schrab way:

LMFAO!!!

Saw that on my search and loved it, plus the tim burton reference. Considered a dale rn55 version myself… Thanks again fcd72

I must have cut a little too close to pin 7 the first time. Cut through pin 8 this time and let the end crumble off. 6 x 10k. Thanks again