Connecting Anushri to Yarns

I have to admit that I only ever really use the midi in on the Anusri IO breakout module (from my keyboard to record notes into the sequencer), the rest really doesn’t get used.
I have a Yarns on the way so I’m thinking about ditching the IO module and connecting the midi in on the Anushri to the midi in on Yarns.
Will this work ok? Are there any downsides?
The only one I can think of is if I just want a programmed sequence playing constantly on the Anushri, but use a midi keyboard to transpose anything playing via Yarns. But I think I could live with that, as generally I would want want both of them transposed anyway.

“and connecting the midi in on the Anushri to the midi in on Yarns.”

Hmmm, something is wrong here. Could you explain more how you’d patch things?

Oh, sorry. I meant soldering around the back so that the midi in on the Anushri is connected to the midi in on Yarns. So one midi signal going into Yarns will also feed the Anushri.
Program a sequence in on the Anushri and maybe a different but melodically similar on Yarns.
Audio out from Anushri and cv etc out from Yarns to Braids or different vco.
I’m probably not explaining this very well, sorry. And it may not really be worth it to save 6hp.

> Oh, sorry. I meant soldering around the back so that the midi in on the Anushri is connected to the midi in on Yarns. So one midi signal going into Yarns will also feed the Anushri.

Nah, you can’t do that. MIDI uses current signaling, not voltage, so you can simply “copy” a single signal to multiple MIDI inputs. If it was that easy there wouldn’t be through-boxes!

If having the 8-HP expander panel really is a problem, you can build yourself a MIDI > minijack cable (only 2 pins are needed for MIDI) ; and maybe “hijack” one of Anushri’s front panel jack that you seldom use to replace it with the “jackified” MIDI in.

Then you can either have a thru-box to send the same signal to Anushri and to Yarns (they can still be set to different MIDI channels of course!) ; or connect Anushri to Yarns’ MIDI out. Most of the time this will work as a THRU, but you can also use it to create sequences.

Ah, I see. I generally don’t use midi so don’t have much of an understanding of it, so thanks for explaining.
Having the panel isn’t a problem at all really, I just thought that with a few spots of solder I could save the space.
But I’ll keep it and just connect via the midi through on Yarns.

Cheers Olivier.