Clouds with external TRIG behaviour

I’m using my Clouds as a grain sampler and I have Grids as a trigger source.
About 1/8 of the times Clouds doesn’t trig on the signal from Grids. I have split the trig out signal and the other receiver trigs normally.
I have tried to amplify the trig pulse but it doesn’t change anything. When I set Grids to use GATEs instead of TRIGs on the outputs Clouds is able to detect every pulse.
Is there some limitation on clouds TRIG input?

I get the same behaviour when I connect the pulse to the FREEZE input as well.

(My guess is that it’s some kind of software debounce that is just at the limit of the 1 ms pulses out from Grids. I have traced the code to the end of the method ```void CvScaler::Read(Parameters* parameters)```
,but I have not found the polling speed yet.
)

The FREEZE input has to be gated not triggered, since it will become active when the pulse rises and inactive when it falls again. So with a 1ms trigger you’ll just get a 1ms freeze.
Regarding the TRIG input, if I remember this correctly Clouds generates one grain with every trigger pulse, so sometimes, depending on the config, it might be hard to actually hear it. Test it with longer grain sizes and make sure the density pot is not at 12 o’clock.

> I have not found the polling speed yet.

1kHz, so a short pulse might not be caught. 1ms is right at the limit.

@rumpelfilter Yes I know. What I meant is that when I observed the Freeze led, I could see that some of the pulses did not make the led blink. I did that test just to verify the hardware since it’s the same for both inputs.

> 1kHz, so a short pulse might not be caught. 1ms is right at the limit.

Just as I suspected then. I guess it’s just to use the gates output mode then, since it just works all the time.
I’m happy just to get an explanation of whats going on.