Clouds Successor

:flushed::flushed:

Any idea when you‘ll resume working on it?

Easiest thing to do, is forget about it, and get a really great surprise when it’s suddenly announced :grinning:

Certainly true.

Olivier said that he stopped selling Tides1 only half a year before he released the update.
He must have been very dissatisfied with Clouds1 to have stopped producing it without a successor in sight.

This is very wise and logical and how I try to lead life in general.

The pessimist can only be confirmed or pleasantly surprised.

My impression was is has more to do with this:

I’m as excited as the next person for whatever Olivier has developed, but the truth is we likely have plenty of modules with which to make music – I’ve been trying to face my consumerist urges by going back to work with the tools I have (with marginal success!) Re-connect with the creative to pass the time!

I have purchased STM32H743s in quantity sufficient to start production of a reasonable batch of modules.

Maybe you imagine me as someone hyper focused on making modules, living and breathing for my next release. While this has been true a few years ago, this is not the case at the moment. I am sorting other matters in my life.

Good to hear, actually!
As long as you do what is needed to get (at least a reasonable amount of) balance in your life it‘s all good.

I’ve noticed a definite increase in the frequency of artistic photos posted on Instagram by Olivier, recently, which at the very least indicates more time spent getting out and walking around (in Paris!) instead of staring at the iMac screen and oscilloscope…

Olivier is a really good photographer, btw, with a great eye for architectural and geometric compositions of the built environment. I’d like to be able to say that I used to pursue similar photographic goals, many, many decades ago, but I found a box of my old negatives (yes, chemical photographs!) and proof strips recently, and… nah! Abysmal, in the light of hindsight.

I think most people just care about new clouds without any thought about primal idea of the engineer or engineer’s life. And evolution from Braids to Plaits is big enough to wait a new ‘Clouds’ too (and maybe also some issues/lack of expected functionality from other new granular modules).