Clouds Successor

The hidden functions are the best part of the module IMO which is why I’m getting a second one.

1 Like

MI could easily never put out another module and would still be legendary for all time. I am always amazed when an artist is able to not only create beautiful things but market and produce them with such ferocity, while at the same time maintaining involvement with their community so closely for such a long time.

I think it’s difficult for some people to empathize with the kind of energy that kind of personal involvement requires, not to mention with significant life changes happening at the same time. At a certain point you have to rest and take care of your own needs, even if it means letting some people down.

:v:

6 Likes

I personally took the dive into modular a year ago and now my entire top row are MI modules, plus a few on the second row too. Their ease and functionality has helped me tremendously to understand how it all works, and It would be a very sad day if Émilie decided to close shop on MI as the company has had an incredible impact on the community from beginners to professionals. Unfortunately, I missed out on the original Clouds (opting for an open source one instead) and like everyone here, crave to see an updated, or new version. However at the end of the day, if that never happens, Émilie will always be a legend as someone who helped to make modular more fun and accessible to the masses but the music will still continue.

May your journey be a happy one, thank you.

3 Likes

pichenettes, nothing can happen with MI unless you’ve got that work/live balance. no one can keep up the kind of work you’ve been doing for as long as you have with such consistency. everyone will always want more than you can possibly do, but that’s not bad if it is managed so that you have enough time for your self. I’m sure you know how to say no, or you’d not get this far, but I think that it is not a bad reminder to remember that saying no to new things or ongoing pressures only helps you do more in the long run. those who have come to depend on you and your work will still be there, and will not be disappointed if you put yourself before your work, they’ll just be happier that you’re working at a pace that makes you happy.

Just speaking from personal experience, but it seems generalizable.

8 Likes

Every time I open this forum I’m ready for this thread to be the most locked thread on all of the internet.

9 Likes

If i can help you,dont hesitate to write…im an expert in hard times.; buetjeff@wanadoo.fr

@pichenettes teasing us a bit over on Instagram.

Haha - nice case as well !! Interesting ui :slight_smile:

My brain was working very hard trying to recall high school French from 15 years ago :rofl:

We need a link to know what you’re talking about.

I think she’s razzing us a bit :wink:

1 Like

Shes joking about cliché IG ambient modular clips featuring rings and clouds in some kind of cute and hipstery desk environment.
I don’t think we should expect a release next monday just yet :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I am often wrong about many things, but I feel like people are focusing on the wrong Instagram post here.

3 Likes

BIRDS :hatching_chick::bird::dove::duck::owl::parrot:

25 Likes

Wild geese!

With a name like that, I hope you announce the module’s release date by messenger pigeon

1 Like

Cue the V.U.E. Anthem…

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about the difficult things. #1 priority for anyone should be “self”, so take care of that above all else and don’t worry about if other people may or may not be disappointed.

1 Like

I can only assume this means the new Clouds is underway?

Especially considering the description for the original Clouds has the word “Birds” in it.

PARTICLES, GRAINS AND BIRDS. FLOCKS, SWARMS AND CLOUDS

Nothing is underway.

I currently have stopped developing Eurorack modules, not sure when or if I’ll get back to it.

There is nothing to read, no teasers, nothing.

10 Likes