Clouds stopped responding to 1 v/o

Some strange behaviour I’ve noticed in my Clouds of late. It had been sounding a bit “funny” for a while - nothing I could quite put my finger on - like high-pitched digital artifacts making their way in amongst the grains. I’ve since noticed that it has completely stopped responding to 1 v/o signals. If the input is at 0 volts there’s no change in pitch (obviously), but when the input rises above 0 volts the pitch rises an octave and stays there, no matter what the voltage. I can see the notes changing in my quantizer, but Clouds does not respond.

I’m pretty sure this isn’t a calibration issue. I’ve changed firmwares a number of times and am quite confident in the voltage source I’m using to calibrate (Doepfer precision adder, checked with multi-meter). I’ve returned to the stock firmware and am still experiencing the issue.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Try running the calibration procedure.

Thanks for the reply. The problem persists after calibration using fixed voltages from a precision adder verified with a multi-meter. Any other ideas?

Thanks

If this isn’t the appropriate place to ask for technical support does anyone know where I should ask?

The contact form on the Mutable Instruments site!

I see it, thank you.

This is what I get when I try to submit a contact form…

Never mind. Works with Java enabled :slight_smile:

Ever get anywhere with this? I’ve got a clouds that’s exhibiting similar behaviour. Bit reduced heavily artifact sound with everything turned down. I’m expecting a dry sound in the buffer but I constantly get a heavily effected sound. I’m thinking it possibly needs recalibration, but not sure why given its not had any extra firmware updates or custom firmware installed as far as I’m aware.

Can you post a video?

pichenettes beat me to it. Looks like you’re in good hands. :+1:

I’ll get something sorted and post a link. Or can u I Upload straight to the forum?

I’m not sure you’ll be able to host a full size video here, so it’s better to post on youtube.

Hopefully that should work. It’s showing a basic dry noise from the bia, then what the clouds is recording into its buffer. I also go on to show the 3 effects are a turned right down. This is all in standard granular mode.

What ended up being the issue with yours cptnal?

Don’t know, TBH. It ended up having to go back for repair.

Oh no … Did it sound the same as in my vid?

I’ve seen some people talk about similar behaviour and them just need recalibrating, but i’m not sure i have the means to do it properly so didn’t want to go in trying that without a confirmed answer.

Cheers

Are you in the normal granular processing mode? Have you tried the calibration procedure?

Hi,

I am definitely in the Granular mode (1st in the sequence after holding the button for 5 secs). It doesn’t have any extra firmware installed and never has either.

I haven’t tried the calibration as yet, as i didn’t want to do that if it wasn’t needed.

I have an Arturia beatstep pro, is that upto the job? I’ve checked with a multimeter and get 1.98v and 2.99v between the two octaves needed.

Looks good! Since you’re giving only 2 digits after the decimal point, it could be that the multimeter is not accurate and that the Beatstep actually delivers 1.00V and 3.00V (or more accurate!).

1 Like