If the problem you report is the following: when you press the pushbutton to select the function of the blend parameter, sometimes the module freezes for half a second… Then it’s normal. This setting is saved to flash memory, and once in a while it is necessary to erase a page of memory to save the setting. There is no solution since the processor is completely frozen while a page erase happens.
@pichennettes and that’s would result in a small audio glitch/beep in the audio?
Still wondering why when I power down my modular (blend dry/wet at 0%) that when I power on it’s at 100%?
> and that’s would result in a small audio glitch/beep in the audio?
As I told you, the module freezes for half a second, so you get a glitchy tone for that duration.
> Still wondering why when I power down my modular (blend dry/wet at 0%) that when I power on it’s at 100%?
Because I’m an idiot.
@pichenettes you’re definitely not an idiot, but does that comment mean it’s a firmware glitch, that may be fixed in an update?
It will be fixed at some point. But to me, not important enough for an update.
Olivier, if you have the patch you can send it to me I could include it in the next version of Parasite.
The last 3 numbers of my serial are 218 .Should be ok to install?
You should be fine yes: Olivier mentioned that units < 020 could have problems. It’s not your case.
Thanks mitthiqs .time to install (fingers crossed)
Well i took the plunge and installed the alt firmware …bingo all went well Thanks MQ for these super additions to an already incredible module
Yay! Have fun!
me too, all good - thank you very much for a great update!
To begin with, I need to say that I did not calibrate Clouds after I did the firmware update. (1.3 Parasite)
I have a very glitchy sound on Oliverb and Resonestor regardless of the settings. I also have this issue in the default looping delay mode, where I can’t get a clean sound. To be honest, I never tried the looping delay before I updated to parasites so I do not know if I had the problem before updating or not. In doubt, I’ll post there.
This video shows what I get with Oliverb. It starts with a dry signal only (using Blend 1 knob)
Could calibration solve this ? Or is it a different issue ?
Thanks for your help.
> Could calibration solve this ? Or is it a different issue ?
Definitely a calibration issue! There’s a quantizer on the Disting, with a bit of trial and error I’m sure you can use it to calibrate Clouds.
Thanks a lot mqtthiqs !
Will calibrate it then.
mqtthiqs, thank you so much for you great work.
though i have one question: am i seeing it right that now as clouds produces much smaller grains, if i set size to about 11pm i roughly have the old smallest grain size, but yet a longer delay time than earlier when processing live input?
other feedback/thoughts: -the new bigger plateau in the pitch control is too huge, surely i can find +/-12 a little better than before, but i fear i lose control about the other semitones and the ramps feel a little jumpy. personally i’d prefer the plateau to be just a little smaller, but dunno, for most purposes it’s maybe perfect now.
-for example the size button again: when i ajdust the grain size from fully CCW to just a little more, it takes from lets say 7pm to 8pm that the audio responds to any movement. is that caused by the habit of the hardware?
again, thank you so much for your effort
Thanks for the feedback.
- the size knob should not affect the delay at all. Indeed, when you set it to about 10-11 you get the grain size of the stock firmware. But only the position knob ever affects the “delay” between what’s currently input and what’s played. If you notice otherwise, it’s a bug!
- i kind of agree with you about the plateau at +/-12 semis. I’ll put it on my todo list and I’ll see what i can do in a further version without too much effort; I can’t promise anything though.
- all pots used on MI modules (and all pots I k’ow of for that matter) have a dead zone at each end. It might be up to 10%, look at the spec sheet, but this might be the cause of what you describe.
Hope it helps.
Indeed, there’s a deadzone covering up to 8% of either ends of the pot.