Clouds Left/Right Input clarification

Just after some clarification

• If I input a sound in Left it comes out of of both Left/Right
• If I input a second sound into the Right input it only comes out when I Blend the Dry/Wet

Is this normal? I’m running Parasites firmware.

I thought they would blend when the Dry/Wet is completely dry.

The also seem to be something going on when I put the patch cable in and don’t stick it in all the way (i.e. I get sound) but once I insert it completely I loose the sound.

Im a little lost by this.

Afaik, when you put a sound into L it get’s multiplied to two channels for stereo processing and hence on the output you get audio on both. If you input sound into both L and R the two channels get processed separately (stereo spread will pan grains around of course) so you can do real stereo processing. Of course you’ll also get audio on both L and R outputs.

It’s pretty neatly explained in the manual: http://mutable-instruments.net/modules/clouds/manual maybe give it a read.

Oh and the dry/wet control doesn’t change if you plug in one or two cables into the input. I also have Parasite installed.

> The also seem to be something going on when I put the patch cable in and don’t stick it in all the way

That’s the normal behaviour, when you push the cable in the jack, you have not completely opened the switch that is used for normalization (determining the behaviour of the input/output when nothing is patched in it).

@rumpelfilter thanks for trying, but of course I read the manual.

@pichnettes got it

But my main questions still lingers, when the Dry/Wet Blend is completely dry and I have a Left audio source plugged in and a Right audio source, why is it that the Left audio source is only passed to the outputs dry? Why doesn’t the Right audio sound come through Dry?

The (different sounding ) Right input only becomes audible when I stand turning on the Wet signal.

> Why doesn’t the Right audio sound come through Dry?

Because the module separates the two channels.

> The (different sounding ) Right input only becomes audible when I stand turning on the Wet signal.

I think that’s because you have enabled the random panning of the grains - so the right output is randomly repanned and you can hear it through the left channel.

Ok, so when the Dry/Wet blend is completely dry - I shouldn’t expect to hear anything going into the Right Audio Input coming out of either Left or Right output, until turning on the Wet signal?

> I shouldn’t expect to hear anything going into the Right Audio Input coming out of either Left or Right output, until turning on the Wet signal?

Yes, they are independent channels.

@Axxonn: I’m not sure I really understand the problem you are describing. When you plug in two sound sources, one in L and one in R, and have the signal all DRY on the outputs what do you hear? Do you hear the signal going into IN L coming out of OUT L and IN R coming out of OUT R?

Ok I’m jamming some more and think I might have this solved.

How did you solved? I have the same problem and i’m a bit confused…

Hi. I know this is an old thread but i’m having a similar problem to the one you describe, can you tell me what the issue was and how you solved it?