Clouds. How to sync grain length with tempo?

Hi everyone, I’m new here. I hope I’ll be able to explain myself properly.

Here’s the thing. I’m looking for an option to set the grain length relative to a tempo, so I can set it to be 1/4 or 1/8 or whatever in relation to tempo.

Of course, I can program rhythmical pattern and use Clouds’ Trigger input but that’s not quite the same for a number of reasons.

Let me put it this way - sweeping the Size knob will smoothly change the grain size, from 10 ms to 1000 ms (let’s say those numbers are correct for the sake of the argument).

I would like the knob to be tempo-quantized, and to jump to appropriate values: 125ms, 250, 500 etc. I can’t do that but surely I can use Size CV input with some precise CV source? (Assuming attenuator fully open and quality setting of 1s stereo sample).

What are corresponding CV values for grain sizes (say, 2.5V giving 500ms)? That would be an immense help.

Apologies if there’s some obvious solution I can’t figure out.

I’m sorry, Clouds doesn’t have such an option. There’s a beat-repetition alternative firmware for Clouds which might be more suitable to your needs.

Actually you cannot, because the size CV input is not calibrated. Which means the CV to grain duration relationship varies from module to module. The deviation is not large (less than 5%), but 114 BPM and 120 BPM are not the same thing!

Okay. Thanks for the thoughtful answer! Before jumping to any alternative firmwares, I’ll measure my unit, should be fun.