Clouds CV inputs confusion

I have some questions about Clouds different CV inputs. I know I have read about this before but I could not find it now when I need it.
Clouds CV inputs lacks attenuverters. And when I look in the schematics I can see that some inputs are connected to the pots and some are not connected. Some inputs have 0-5V range (Pos and Dens) and some -5V to 5V (Size, Tex and Blend).
If you want complete CV control (full parameter range) of clouds using a standard 0-10V CV generator like Frames or in my case a teletype, what should the pot settings be for each parameter?

As I understand:

• you turn the Pos and Dens fully CCW and use CV in the 0-5V range. Here you can have an 1:2 attenuation if you want (or just use half the range).
  • you turn the Size, Tex and Blend pots to 12 o’clock and use CV in the -5V to 5V range. Here you need to offset your 10V CV with -5V first.

I guess my question is about how you generally reason about things like this in eurorack land? It’s not mentioned in the manual and it’s not obvious to me…

> Some inputs have 0-5V range (Pos and Dens) and some -5V to 5V (Size, Tex and Blend).

All CV inputs / pots behave the same way:

• If the pot is set to the minimum, a +5V CV makes it swing to the max.
  • If the post is set to the maximum, a -5V CV makes it swing to the minimum.

They look difference in the schematics, because the pot + CV addition is sometimes done in software, sometimes done in hardware.

> what should the pot settings be for each parameter?

Set the pot to the minimum value and use a CV in the 0V to +5V range.

1 Like