Clouds Custom Firmware

Hello to Mutable Instruments Forum!

Thank you very much for the awesome Clouds module! It’s way better than any other sampling FX unit I ever saw! :wink:
I’m successfully using one as a stereo send effect fully connected to a Nord Modular G2 Engine I/O, and CV feeded by a Nord G2 patch (midi2cv).
Recorded this improvised “demo” two days after the unpack: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5X-1k5BcFLnM092MThIX2U5Y0k

So I would like to ask that is it possible to alter the firmware of the Clouds like this:
TRIG CV input controls the BLEND feedback and
PITCH CV input controls the BLEND reverb and
BLEND CV input controls the BLEND dry-wet ONLY and
BLEND KNOB controls the selected BLEND parameter (so no change at all)
?

Can anybody help me doing this? Is it easy or hard work to someone familiar with the process? I can pay for this :wink:

Thank you very much in advance!

Cheers
adam

> TRIG CV input controls the BLEND feedback and

It’s not a CV input, it’s a trigger input, so it cannot detect a CV.

Hi!

Thank you for the reply!
That`s very helpful because I wouldn’t have thought that there is any difference between this two input… I went into the world of modular because the Clouds.

So I`m asking the same question:
PITCH CV input controls the BLEND feedback and
BLEND CV input controls the BLEND dry-wet ONLY and
BLEND KNOB controls the selected BLEND parameter (so no change at all)

Is here anybody who can help me with this?
Thank you in advance!

Cheers
a

@Skogn If the hardware doesn’t support it, nobody is going to be able to help you do what you want.

a|x

> Is here anybody who can help me with this?

Yes I can probably cook you a custom parasite firmware, if you agree to donate (any reasonable amount) to the project. Would this work?

mqtthiqs, is this possible?what would be a reasonable amount of money to get a custom parasite firmware?

Here you go Camelmel. This custom firmware is based on Parasite 1.41.

Any amount is fine, really. If I’d do this for free, I’d get hundreds of requests, so donations are meant to act as small psychological barriers :slight_smile: Plus it’s quite boring work, so it’s also a small incentive for me… Btw I exclusively use the money to buy records or tools to help me develop firmware.