Christian Gabel - Krater

I got a tip of this page and thought I’d share.
Project website
Music on sound cloud
Very nice retro sci-fi music. Reminds me a little about the Escape from New York theme.

Looks & sounds really cool - Apparently the inspiration for the music came from when Christian Gabel found some old scifi concept art for a movie, being sold on a flea market. He couldn’t find any info, other than that it was to be based in a post-apocalyptic Karlstad, and that they were dated 1982 … .Eh, why am i bothering translating this stuff, there’s a “English” button on the website
(Gooooood Morning!)

"In the early nineties Christian Gabel found a set of illustrations that seemed to be concept art for a film production. The artwork was dated 1982 and depicted scenes from his hometown Karlstad in post-apocalyptic ruins. In spite of research, no further information about the artwork, the artist or the (possible) film has been found.

Many years later Christian started toying around with the idea of writing a film score for the concept art and the film that was never made. Krater is the result. Krater is also a computer game produced by independent Swedish studio Fatshark. Christian Gabel has written the main themes for the game which also drew inspiration from the found art."

Oh, the things you can find on a flea market. :slight_smile:
Listened to all those tracks this morning in the office and now I want to make something retro sci-fi’ish too.

Damn, this gets better and better !
I love the effect if combined with RainyMood.com :slight_smile:

Great! Now I have to listen again with rain effects. :wink:

:smiley:

really great tracks and artwork. i can see the film in my head.
its getting more and more obviouse to me that i am an 80 guy trapped in the wrong time.

Thanks for sharing! I’m really enjoying both the 80s sci-fi and the rain maker, though doubt I’ll need the rainymood.com site soon, going by the weather forecast for UK. I always wondered what made Blade Runner so good :wink:

And they made a game using the concept art and Christians Music too!

if you buy the collectors edition from steam you get the soundtrack…