Chord progression On tides

I have worked on My modular today and try som stuff but How do i control chord progression on tides, so i can get a specific chord at a specific time, i have only mutable instrument modules.

Its advanced for me.

You really need a sequencer! Stages could do it, but there are much less expensive options :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice i have stages :slight_smile: how had you patched?

Well you need a sequence into v/oct and then another sequence from stages (orange mode) into the shift cv input. This way the chord can change with the note cv.

2 Likes

Nice thx for the tip, hope MI Will do a superior seq :smirk:, Will check for one otherwise:) or buy one more stages.

The voltage block by malekko is a really useful sequencer for these kinds of applications :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dame you naled it DonKartofflo voltageblock is really something i really consider buying for my ecosystem, good that you mentioned it because it makes me consider the purchase even more. Thx for input mate :):slight_smile:

1 Like

If you own Frames…it could do the trick. It has four programmable outputs…

3 Likes

No frames:(

I do actually use frames for that a lot, especially taking the first output through a quantizer of sorts and using the two remaining cvs to modulate the waveshapes.
Ive always wanted a little expander for frames that lets me assign keyframe positions to certain notes on a scale. Sadly this isnt currently possible with just the cv input as it isnt sensitive enough for eg semitone increments and i cant seem to come up with a way to patch that function from scratch

1 Like

It’s only four steps so perhaps a little limited, but couldn’t the mini sequencer mode in peaks be used?

1 Like

You can have up to 20 frames so that would be 20 steps as a sequencer and four channels worth of sequencing.