Census of m.i. module surprise figurines and other toys

as we all know, m.i. modules usually come accompanied by a little figurine of a hindu deity.
but how many different m.i. figurines are there out there? which deities do they depict?
and how many of you have doubles that they might be interested in swapping?

here is what i have so far:

i don’t know much about hindu iconography, but these are pretty easy to identify. from left to right, i think it’s:

saraswati playing her vina
ganesha
ganesha again
durga riding a lion
lakshmi holding two lotus flowers

so, what others are there out there?

0 Likes

List of all the toys

I received a top with my Peaks. It drives my cat crazy.

0 Likes

“a top”?
[edit:] oh, one of those spinning toys? so modules don’t always come with hindu gods?

0 Likes

Do you mean that mini-dreidel thing? It’s a good cat activator :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

It also works fine with the little kids :wink:

0 Likes

mic.w: there’s also a nicer lakshmi (similar in style to the ones on the left), a nandi, a shiv nataraj.

> so modules don’t always come with hindu gods?

No, there are other flavors of toys being regularly introduced…

0 Likes

Truth is Olivier never wanted to be a Synth or Module Designer. His true passion is designing something else - but he was overqualified for that.

0 Likes

Ah, so what we’re really getting is a toy with a free module thrown in … I like that !

0 Likes

@pichenettes: great, so now i have to keep buying m.i. modules until i have a holy cow and a dancing shiva to make my collection complete.

if my little brother were interested in modular synthesizers at all, he would complain now because there is no hanuman figurine on the list - that’s always been his favorite hindu god. i always liked ganesha best, so i’m fine.

re other toys: ok, i’ll change the thread title accordingly. :slight_smile:

0 Likes

A “favorite indian watch brand”? Hmmm that’s a strange thing to have…

0 Likes

> there is no hanuman figurine on the list

I could have it from the same source as the 3 pieces on the right of your photo, but because the quality is much lower, I don’t order from them any more.

0 Likes

well it’s true that the three darker ones to the right are a bit smelly. seems like the black stuff used to highlight their contours is discarded machine oil? i wouldn’t recommend licking those figurines. but then it gives them a certain heavy-duty quality - as if they came straight from the engine room of hindu mythology. :slight_smile:

reminds me a bit of the name of my favorite indian watch brand, hindustan machine tools.

0 Likes

@eelco
You nailed it. Only thing missing is chocolate!

0 Likes

the module is the chocolate!
(but it lasts much longer)

0 Likes

well, i’ll admit that there aren’t that many to choose from.
and of course, hmt make other things, too.
they are also my favorite indian tractor brand. :slight_smile:

0 Likes

to illustrate - and further derail this thread, here are two hmt watches that i really like:

on the left, we have janata, a true classic, in this case in a relatively rare version with a white face and a red seconds hand (which was usually reserved for the black-faced version). on the right, there is vijay, originally intended as a posh dress watch. that didn’t quite work out, but i love its weird brown 1970s vibe.

can’t show off any of my hmt tractors atm, cause they’re all out at the farm. :slight_smile:

0 Likes

They are indeed cool.

0 Likes

I WANT ONE!

0 Likes

Eat your heart out Ulysse Nardin!

0 Likes

Ulysse Nardin doesn’t make Sinn

0 Likes