Bypasing anushri drums improves noise specs on the analog side? Is this correct?

I adore the little yellow bugger - I really do love its rawness but Id like to use it in a little modular setup and at times its just a little too noisy. Id Like to put it behind a euro-rack faceplate too. Questions - A: How is it done. (not the faceplate the anushri mod B: What improvements (thats subjective - one mans noise is another s music) to the monosynth would I expect. C: Will it effect the cv in/outs on the anushri. IM a drummer of 20 years an while I likes it initially I never use that part so the benefits hopefully outweigh the loss of the drums.

Plug a patch cable in the “drums out” patch point. This removes the drums section (and the noise it generates at rest) from the main mix.

I’ll let you decide on answer B.

It won’t affect the other CV in/out

Thanks - I remeber you stating that if you bypass the drums you get better noise figures or something. What is the effect of doing this? I also thought it was something on the PCB? Or have I gone mad?

MAybe bypass isnt the right word. Remove them from the circuit? Not bypass them so you can get them back - I thought it was a hack on the PCB…

Found it - in the manual Note that the tone generator is quite lo-fi! Since it uses 8-bit precision with PWM conversion, the BD signal exhibits significant noise when the amplitude decreases (a Mirage or an Amiga did it, too), and the noise floor is quite high. External processing of this signal through EQ, filters or noise gates is recommended, and is facilitated by the individual drums output on the front panel.

It is worth observing that if the drum machine section is not used, Anushri’s noise floor can be significantly improved by plugging a jack into the Drums out output to take out of the mix some of the background noise coming out of the processor.

If it doenst output anything…… you won’t hear anything.

As I said:

Plug a patch cable in the “drums out” patch point. This removes the drums section (and the noise it generates at rest) from the main mix.

cool - thank you

Don’t listen to @pichenettes! A simple cable just won’t cut it!

What you really need is the special artisanally crafted white golden Anushri Noize-Be-Gone™ with the laser-etched patent-pending D3™ (Digital Dirt Distributor) Ring Sound Purifier! DM me for exclusive beta pricing now!

@thijs
will there be a version with wooden EndPröppel™ for even smoother, more analog, silkier silence?

Amazing! Just looking at the design, I’m sure that it also positively affects the low-end of the sawtooth oscillator and gives more airy high-resonance high-pass sounds.

@fcd72 Absolutely; you can order a set with different types of wood for varying levels of smoothness.

@pichenettes Certainly. We’re also working on a PlugIn RezonanceRectifier with the same patent-pending engraving design.

Are you guys having fun at my expense?:wink:
I’ve just noticed my anushri doesn’t have (ends) the little screw tops. In fact I got them back in a bag and my builder said they weren’t needed. What’s the consequence if not having them on?
Can you get a wooden (ash,maple) patch cable - I don’t need to bother with the super technical details with you guys

> What’s the consequence if not having them on?

What kind of consequences would you expect this to have?

IM not sure. Ill be honest - Ive never used a patch cable nor do I own one. Im going to have to buy a bunch. Could I use the headphone connection cable till I get some for patching out the anushri drums?

These screws focus the sound……

> Could I use the headphone connection cable till I get some for patching out the anushri drums?

Yes, anything you can stick in the hole and that would fit can be used.

thanks again

I tried it - some improvement. Im not sure what I was expecting. Damn I love my anushri…

Love is the most important thing…. <3