Building Tides 1.1 firmare

Hi,
I am trying to build tides 1.1 firmware and am not 100% sure which version ive built (i.e. 1.0 of 1.1)

Ive set up the dev env as described here: https://github.com/pichenettes/mutable-dev-environment

All builds fine, i have the hex files.

But then i happened to stumble across a site that had pre-made hex file, so i thought id do a compare with the one I built, and it was a perfect match with what was labelled tides 1.0.hex on the site…

So, how can i be sure i built 1.1?
Is the code from the repo that latest?
Do i need to build with a ceraint switch for the latest?

The code in the git repo is the latest. It uses polyBlep, and thus reflects v1.1

Great, thx! :slight_smile:

I am jumping on the coattails of this thread, as I have neglected to ask this question for months, thinking I would encounter the answer somewhere.

While I believe I understand conceptually that firmware 1.1 uses polyBlep for less aliasing, I am curious if anyone has installed it and can report back on the change they notice? I’ve been reluctant to try to update as I was never able to update to the Sheep firmware and drove my family batty asking what color the lights were blinking (red, always red).

LOVE Tides and occasionally worry I am missing out by not updating. Does it ship with 1.1 installed? Curious as I haven’t read a thing about it elsewhere.

There is very little audible change. Just a matter of consistency with all the other modules that do use polyBlep.

It doesn’t ship :slight_smile: The module doesn’t sell much, and firmware v1.1 was not even done by the time the last batch was manufactured. So all modules are still flashed with the previous version.

So baffling to hear that. Tides to me is one of the best, most versatile, intuitive modules out there and a centrepiece of all my patches … Love the depth and complexity of its sound when patching back UNI or BI into smoothness in audio rate mode.

Wow! Shocked to hear Tides isn’t one of the biggest sellers! I use two…

Thanks for the information. I feel reassured! Too bad it doesn’t sell more, but perhaps that helps supports what I’ll call its “secret weapon” status.

I love running Unipolar to FM at audio rate, can’t wait to refresh my ears with the same trick into smoothness…I must have tried it but it’s been a while!