I’m really interested in developing a custom firmware for the Ambika. I have some feature ideas that I would love to integrate. Unfortunately I never developed for a microprocessor, so I have a few questions:
- I often read in Shruthi threads, that there isn’t much space left for adding new software features. Is this also the case for ambika? When I add new features/experiment with the firmware, how can I find out, how much space I have left?
- Also how much processor performance is left? Is the ambika already using the full processor?
- I’m not the biggest fan of text displays. Would it be possible to add a graphical, monochrome display? Or would it need a lot of hardware modifications? I’m aware that it would need a lot of rewrite of the code, but I would love to add a graphical representation of the adsr envelopes (and some other things).
- Do you have any tips, how to start?
Things I would like to change:
- Removing the performance page (i never use that) and instead adding a sequencer that works like the midialf (but with less features)
- Adding a Chord memory
- Poly glide/portamento
- Routing of incoming notes between parts. - Take a look at the Vermona Perfourmer: You have 4 synths (ambika=parts) and you can either play them unisono, alternating, poly, etc.)
- Improving/changing & simplifying some pages