Braids digs Joy Division

So I realized how much this modular mayhem I made with the Make Noise STO and Braids PLUCK mode sounded like Joy Division so I found an Ian Curtis vocal isolation (only one I could find was Love Will Tear Us Apart- would have preferred something from Unknown Pleasures, but I’d still be tweaking EQ and repairing audio if I tried to do my own isolation). I just went for it. This really shows (to me, anyway), just how amazing Braids is. Guitar and Bass in this track are just Braids (and FX in Ableton).

https://soundcloud.com/ryan-abrams/love-will-tear-us-apart

Super cool! Around a minute in I was expecting the vocals from Dead Bodies though. :slight_smile:

Ugh. Korn? Man that makes me want to cry :wink:

Edit: wait did you mean Dead Souls? Because that would have worked better…

Not bad. There appears to be a lot of reverb in there. I’d tone that down a bit maybe. Also, you might want to get rid of the kick completely.

Yeah there’s a ton of reverb- It works for me sometimes when I listen to it and sometimes not.

the kick has been a struggle for me. I did a version without it and decided to keep it in- I’ll come back to this one and figure it out. Just needed to put something up and move on for a bit.

HAHAHAHA yes Dead Souls.

Nice one. The guitarish sounds reminds me a little of Meshuggah actually. \\m/

Thanks man- yeah it does have a little Meshuggah in there.

It really reminds me a lot of Interpol in parts, but then again, Interpol are just coke addled NY scenester Joy Division wannabees (that I always listen to =).