[Braids & Clouds] Come back to the exact same state after a reboot?

Hello there,

I have a Braids and a Clouds and I’m not always able to recall their exact same state when after having powered them off.

About the Braids, I have to press the encoder to go to the menu and come back to save the selected program / waveform. I would prefer it auto-saves… like maybe 15-30 seconds after having selected a program (I think it’s better not directly so the scrolling stays quick).

About the Clouds, after a reboot, the Freeze function is not enabled anymore and the selected slot is not remembered to be played… When in the manual it’s said that the module remember its state.

Am I missing something ? Do you experience the same as me ?

All the best

Guillaume

> About the Braids, I have to press the encoder to go to the menu and come back to save the selected program / waveform.

This is the normal behaviour, as explained in the user manual:

“Once the value has been modified to your liking, click the encoder to get back to the list of options. Selecting the first option (“WAVE”), saves to memory the current setup and brings you back in model selection mode.”

> like maybe 15-30 seconds after having selected a program (and I think it’s better not directly so the scrolling stays quick)

Saving requires the module to halt all operations, as the same medium (flash memory) is used for both settings and program code storage - and this causes a short freeze. I don’t think it’s a good idea to have this short freeze happen 15-30s after you have done something.

> About the Clouds, after a reboot, the Freeze function is not enabled anymore and the selected slot is not remembered to be played… When in the manual it’s said that the module remember its state.

The module saves the combination of BLEND parameters, the quality settings, and the operation mode (granular, delay, etc.). This does not include:

• The content of the buffer.
  • As a corollary of the previous point, the FREEZE button (what would be the point of booting the module with FREEZE on an empty buffer?)
  • The active load/save position. This one could actually be saved, but is that really important?

Thank you for your fast reply !

About the Braids, I now understand fully and agree the actual behavior is the best.

About the Clouds, I’m talking about the content of my buffer slots saved in the permanent memory, so that’s why I was wondering why the state wouldn’t be saved with… I think I’ve read you telling that Clouds is not really a sampler, but it’s possible to use it in such way with the Trig and V/Oct connectors and Density at 12 o’clock, even as a proper sampler in the third mode. So if I used Clouds to play a sound in a song I’m building between a few sessions, I would really appreciate to directly recover it the same when I come back to it, as any synth do (and thanks to all of them or it would be a nightmare to recover anything each time). Now after a reboot I have to press the Save/load button 2 times to recover.