Blinds or Veils

got Veils today best vca I’ve layed my hands on imho

1 Like

+1 Veils

And of course I’ll end up getting both.

Hi there! I’m kind of new into modular world and i found this post.
I’m sending a drone from my guitar signal (alredy amplified to modular level) to a mult, then to a four input vca, modulated with Tides and i’d like that when one vca input the other relates to each others for crossfading. What can change from Veils to Blinds for long fade in/out? What actually can happen to the sound with negative voltage, does it get reversed?

Thanks!

You can do that by sending the same CV to two of Blinds’ channels – one with the attenuverter turned CW and the knob at 12 o’clock, the other with the attenuverter turned CCW and the knob fully CW.

I’m not sure I understand this. Do you expect Veils and Blinds to react different to slow CVs?

It is normal for an audio signal to have negative voltages – both Veils and Blinds do the right thing.

The difference is in how they handle negative CV.

Veils:

• Positive CV, positive audio : positive output.
  • Positive CV, negative audio : negative output.
  • Negative CV : no output.

Blinds:

• Positive CV, positive audio : positive output.
  • Positive CV, negative audio : negative output.
  • Negative CV, positive audio : negatibe output.
  • Negative CV, negative audio : positive output.

To add onto @audiohoarder’s point here about the benefits of variable response curves…it is very nice to be able to feed the CV In of a Veils channel with an envelope that has its own variable curve.

By tweaking the response curve of, say, a single Stages decay segment, and the response curve of the VCA channel it is feeding, you get quite a lot of fine grained control of the overall output response.