Blades

Several weeks ago.

Buyed mine this week at Cutoff in Barcelona. In their website looks like they have stock.

Just have a moment to play with it this afternoon… The drive is so creamy, need to spend more time but it’s really love at the first sight.

1 Like

Thank you. I will go on this website.

It seems that they didn’t send outside Spain … :unamused:

Hi,

I’m also trying to get Blades but they are sold out everywhere. Would you be willing to buy from Cutoff and ship to USA for payment/fee/paypal? They only ship to Spain it looks like…

As a bit of encouragement, after looking on every site listed on the MI site one suddenly popped up on reverb new and I ordered it.

Good Monday morning!

I asked this question over on that…other…forum but didn’t get anything (aside from wanting to know where I purchased it). So decided instead to go to the source…

I’m curious about this “shelving EQ”/“spectral colouring” feature. I can tell that, as opposed to an distinct chisel of frequencies, between modes is a pleasant dent in the signal. It’s a different response both in filtering and resonance. But I’m curious if there is a more explicit use for this? What is an example of a way I can utilize this that might be very different than one’s usual filtering? I guess maybe I don’t know enough about what “spectral colouring”…

Thanks for any help!

If you have a crossfader in your setup you could replicate some of what Blades is doing:

Take a multi-mode filter and take the lowpass output and plug into one input of the crossfader. Take the bandpass output and plug it into the other crossfader input.

With the crossfader knob at one side of knob will be only lowpass filtering and at the other end of the knob it will be only bandpass filtering. Anywhere between the two extremes will be a variable mix of lowpass and bandpass.

The only difference with blades is that there is also a crossfader between the bandpass and highpass. You also have two filters with this capability and the ability to process the two filters in parallel or in series.

I don’t think there is an explicit use for this type of filtering… like most things you like it or you don’t.

A good way to explore the subtleties would be with a harmonically rich chord drone so that you can hear the tonal differences as you turn knobs or apply cv.

1 Like