Behringer is pissing me off, but

I have only owned two pieces of equipment from Behringer and both have been crap but what really has me ticked off this time is their use of the word “Eurorack” in their products. What were they thinking![](? There’s nothing Eurorack-related about the stuff they label as Eurorack. Argh)

Certainly screws up eBay searching.

Well, it is euro, and in rack format :smiley:

Yup. Every Craigs List search I do is littered with a sea of bottom of the barrel budget mixers…

And Behringer always manages to convince you that an item of theirs actually might be good, but fool me once…

I almost bought that multi-channel DI rack of theirs off Craigs. All the reviews are positive and say “I usually hate Behringer but this thing is actually really really good![](”, but that could be the Behringer stealth marketing team at work)

@RyanA4 Some of their stuff is pretty good. I have a mixer that’s really rather decent.

V`cent, maybe "Euro rack" would've been more accurate.t2k, their mixers are amazingly priced but since what I have used has been so bad, I’m leery of everything else from them too. They are still in business so either some of their stuff is okay or it’s so cheap, people just put up with the lousy quality.

Today we actually have a bunch of monorocket cases (2) M9Bs, (2) M90s, and a skiff. The big ones are only $50 off retail, though…

A Blue Lantern Cobalt Smelter for $300

And a Pittsburgh Synth Block for $550- which is a pretty good price.

I think Behringer were already using the name “Eurorack” around 1997 - I bought my first mixer that year and I remember the name on their leaflet. At that time, the modular format was still in its infancy…

Funny that it’s a negative graph… It resembles the pithole of modular?

So maybe it’s everyone else’s fault and Behringer was the original![](? Wow)

Behringer.

“Designed in Germany”, they say.

Manufactured in China, they don’t say.

Yeah, Eurorack was the brother of the Eurodesk. It’s been around for some time. Used to be a rather cheeky desk because it was so much “inspired” by the Mackie 8Bus.
Not all Behringer products suck (I have a Multigate and a rack mixer - can’t complain…) but their Service (I wouldn’t even call it that) sucks big time! Try to get replacement parts from them… No dice.
Stay away from their mikes.
Since the Behringer group bought Midas and Klark Teknik, they made the X32 desk. Yes, this thing screams Midas all over and it’s actually really good! But I don’t know how robust this will be in the long run…

Behringer bought Midas?! I’ve been seriously considering a Midas desk. Damn! Looks like I’m back to Soundcraft or Allen & Heath then. Maybe Crest I suppose. Can’t afford Toft.

You always have to know what you buy. You certainly can buy any Mixer from Behringer for instance as inside all mixer are the same and everybody does the same circuits/tricks/components. Don’t expect a 100€ Behringer to withstand your World Tour like a 450€ Allen and Heath one, but c’mon guys we are all old enough to know that we get for what we pay. I hate this Big B bashing, besides the fact no one would equip your pro Studio with it they always deliver Value for money, its just that its not much money…. and the true achievement they made is making useable Studio electronics affordable for pretty much everybody.

@Piscione
Testdrive the X32. Even i like it.

©Georges
actually its printed on unit i own from them right below the “Designed in Germany”. Well, not on the ancient ones i keep, they were Made In Germany :wink:

@fcd72, the X32 is a bit out of my range, and I just can’t seem to get my head around digital mixers yet. While it is true that you get what you pay for, I don’t think it’s fair to sell products that don’t actually work as advertised, even if the price is low. I bought a digital delay that was so noisy I couldn’t use it and a Bugera amp that had an under spec voltage regulator in it, that I ended up having to fix myself. That’s 0 for 2, enough for me to stay away. My son has a small Behringer mixer that he seems to like but I would rather he bought a used Mackie.

I have the 802 mixer that everyone seems to have. It’s decent.

I have been watching that new red audio interface. The 16 channel one. I am waiting for the bugs in the firmware to be sorted out. So I may be looking at this one in the next year.

Yep I’m with fcd72.
I recently bought 2 cheap and nice sounding - big-tank-like-buildt- effects from them,
Vintage Tube Monster(Tube Overdrive) and Vintage Time Machine (Analog Delay).
Good rockin’ stuff !

@piscione
You bought in a segment where they have to compete with even cheaper chineeeeese ripoffs of cheap behringer designs branded for the Big Music dealers. Bad idea to do so. For the Mackie Mixer: i had one opened on last years Happy Knobbing because someones Headphone Tip broke off and got stuck int the Mackies Jack. This was not due to a bad Connector (i guess Sennheiser uses quite good ones), its a bad design of the custom made Jack, that have sharp edges on the tongues that connect to the Plug - the cheapest ugliest Jacks i ever saw, cheapo NoName Pots and TL series OpAmps as everywhere. For the small mixers its only the name, the rest is up (or should i say down) to the competitors.

search “eurorack” -behringer

The new sound interfaces from Behringer apparently are also really good, and cost far less than most competitors… plus they have that extra MIDAS power on board now!