Beads - status update

I know many of you are waiting for the firmware update addressing several glitches found in the module.

I worked on each issue one by one – some were very quick changes, others were mysterious puzzles (the PSU whine), and the CPU optimization ended up requiring a very meticulous pass over the entire code to hunt for many small gains. At the end of last week (March 4th), I finished everything, and ended up with a list of 23 (!) fixes or additions, some of them impacting multiple files.

Since I had my head in the code for almost 18 days without interruption (and neglected a couple of things like orders or repairs), I took some time away from it this week. I will get back to it on Monday, review all my changes with a rested pair of eyes, and test a last few things!

Stay tuned!

88 Likes

Thanks to keep us informed. Very good idea to take time away from it, you’ll have fresh eyes and minds.
Take your time, no hurry.

1 Like

Thanks for the update!

Awesome! Thanks for the update. Looking forward to it. :smiley:

I hear ya, @pichenettes - I’ve never done C but I know how tricky it can be debugging. Really appreciate everything you do for this community!

Cheers,

-loops