Beads - Seed button flashing

Hi, can anyone explain what’s happening when the Seed button starts flashing when pressed - in the middle of a performance.

Just to give you the settings: I have sound coming in (IN L), I have a clock on the seed input, and I’m sending a sequence to the Pitch input.

I was just messing with the settings (Density) whilst recording I pressed the Seed button and it started flashing - the module continued, no problem, but no matter what I did, the Seed button kept flashing.

https://mutable-instruments.net/modules/beads/manual/

Latched (or clocked) mode:

• The SEED button slowly blinks.
  • DENSITY acts as a divider / probability control on the triggers sent on the SEED input, or as a density control is SEED is not patched.

Gated mode (after having pressed SEED to leave the latched mode):

• The SEED button reflects the signal on the SEED input.
  • DENSITY sets the grain rate and the SEED enables/disables grain generation.
3 Likes

Thanks, I knew that I’d seen it somewhere … and should have gone to look for my manual.

Is it normal that once you press it (and it starts blinking) that it won’t stop, unless you stop the incoming signal etc?

Is it normal that once you press it (and it starts blinking) that it won’t stop, unless you stop the incoming signal etc?

Yes, the SEED button reflects the signal on the SEED input. One trigger = one flash… no trigger = no flash.

1 Like

Brilliant, thanks for your help (yet again), really enjoying using Beads.