Beads reverb feature proposition

Hello @pichenettes !

As far as I understand Beads’ reverb knob currently changes feedback, size and dry/wet at once.

I think ability to change reverb feedback (probably with size) and dry/wet separately will be a good addition to Beads. This will allow making metallic-like sounds with small feedback and size with 100% wet signal. Or adding a bit of long reverb for making space without washing out incoming signal. This could be done by turning reverb knob while holding recording quality selector button.

Is it possible to do with beads resources? Thank you in advance!

Yes this is doable, but I don’t want to clutter the firmware with more hidden button combos.

I plan to release the code in 3-4 months, at that time, I’m sure someone will create something like this.

1 Like

Yes this is doable, but I don’t want to clutter the firmware with more hidden button combos.

At least, this button combo seems coherent with current manual gain setting: they can be recognized as additional options to reverb / signal routing.

I plan to release the code in 3-4 months, at that time, I’m sure someone will create something like this.

Does it mean you will consider adding this option if no one else does this in 3-4 months? :slight_smile:

No I won’t. The module will do what is printed in the manual, no more, no less.

This is however a rather tiny fix, as the various reverb parameters are exposed in the code. If you want it fully customizable you will want more than one knob!

2 Likes

If you want it fully customizable you will want more than one knob!

It’s not about reverb becoming fully customizable, but about getting options that change sound drastically.

This is however a rather tiny fix, as the various reverb parameters are exposed in the code.

Will have to learn coding (or hire an engineer), probably :slight_smile: Thank you for fast replies!