Beads LED Brightness

I wrote an email to Mutable about this but disappointingly haven’t received a response so thought I would try here. Is anyone else bothered by the intense white LEDs on Beads? I suffer from photosensitive epilepsy which means lights such as these can potentially trigger seizures. I have temporarily covered them with some Sugru to dim them but wondered if there is a way to offer dimming or a different colour choice in the firmware? Mutable modules have always been great for me but the brightness of the white light on Beads is crazy. It’s a shame that synth manufacturers do not seem to take into account accessibility issues whatsoever.

It’s a shame that synth manufacturers do not seem to take into account accessibility issues whatsoever.

My understanding is that the lights were changed because people with colour blindness had issue with the red/orange/green lights. So, the change was made from a very sensitive place but obviously the lights have an unintended effect on you. I do feel sorry for Emile trying to accommodate everyone’s needs.

3 Likes

If that’s the case then it’s an odd choice to make it ten times as bright as before. It would be good to hear from Emile on this directly.

I’ll provide you with a firmware update file.

I don’t think it’s the case here.

5 Likes

Thanks, that would be good.