Batumi and Mutable things

Hi guys !
I will have some Mutable things soon : Elements Rings Warps Clouds Grids and also a Telharmonic
Etc
I was thinking about purchasing a Batumi 4LFO to excite these pretty things.
I saw some very good patches with it :
Just Elements + Batumi
Qu bit chord + rings + batumi
Etc
But after that I saw that the Batumi output range is -5/5v and if I’m correct Mutable modules and Telharmonic can only have positive voltages.

So is the Batumi alone not a good idea ?
What are the risks for my modules ?
Necessity of a polarizer ?

Sorry for this newbie question but don’t really find any response to this…

Best !

> and if I’m correct Mutable modules can only have positive voltages.

You’re not correct. The CV is attenuated/inverted by the attenuverter and added to the value of the knob. If the knob is fully CCW, sending a +5V voltage to the input is equivalent to turning the knob fully CW. Reversely, if the knob is fully CW, sending a -5V voltage to the input is equivalent to turning the knob fully CCW.

The only exception is for V/O pitch control, where some recent modules have a limited input voltage range (between -1V or 2V and +5V) which is due to adhering to Doepfer’s informal standard regarding pitch (0V = lowest note on a 61 keys keyboard) instead of Moog’s (0V = middle C). But you’re not going to stick an LFO output to the V/O input of a module?

You certainly don’t need a polarizer - especially with Elements which has attenuverters for all its inputs!

> What are the risks for my modules ?

All Mutable Instruments modules are safe for inputs within the minimum and maximum voltages that can be generated by a Eurorack system (12V to 12V). Almost all of them can actually tolerate larger voltages, up to/ 50V or so (the exception being the 1:3 multiple in Links, and the S&H in Kinks).

Hi,
Ok so I guess it’s the same for the Telharmonic.
And of course no LFO in the V/O :wink:
I was a little afraid by technical data sheets !
That’s clear now, a very big thank to you Olivier and sorry again for this newbie question ! Best and keep going !