Battery problem on APC

This is not Shruti related, but it relates to electronics and music, so I thought I’d post it anyway. maybe some of you experts here can help me…
I made myself an Atari Punk Console, so far it works fine, the only thing I noticed is that the battery get’s empty really fast, even when the device is switched off. I did some troubleshooting, but could not find anything strange… but then I am really only starting to figure out electronics. Is there some advice you could give me, about what to test, what is a common cause of these kind of problems?
thanks a lot!
Hannes

first, i’m no expert too. my apc doesn’t consume that much power. especially when it’s turned off it shouldn’t eat battery at all. maybe check what actually gets disconnected when switched off. i have both, the 0V and 9V line switched. which design did you build?

sorry, should have mentioned it… I have the 2.0 version from Get-Lofi. I have both a pushbutton and a regular SPDT switch that turns it on.
It’s this version here: http://www.getlofi.com/?page_id=1395
I built it following the instructions and haven’t started yet modding it…

oh cool, how are the get lofi pcbs?
i built mine on perfboard or how it’s called (Lochraster) following some schematics on the apc thread on electro-music.com

The get-lofi pcbs are fine, they are made for on-surface mounting, which is a bit unpractical, since components won’t stay easily in place, but for such a simple device it’s ok.

jeez, i’ve had the same battery in the apc since i built it years ago…hunt around with a multimeter from Vgnd to various points when its switched off and you’ll find your problem pretty quick…

I’ve tried that… but I can’t find anything. It’s all zero no matter what points I touch.