Anushri Troubleshooting

Seems I have the illustrious honour of being the first :frowning:

I should say I’m a reasonably experienced builder though I s’pose everyone says that and I’m sure that’s going to come back to haunt me :slight_smile:

Put the main board together and went through the voltages checks before proceeding. On the -5V rail I’m getting an odd reading: 0.5V. The route of this seems to be the output of the 7905 regulator (is of course propagated throughout the circuit where -5V should be).

Checked over the obvious stuff a few times, nothing jumps out.

Maybe a dead Regulator? LT1054 reversed? Here all Chip go the same direction - youll have to break with Shruthi Habits :wink:

could be a regulator swapping as well

Should maybe add that all other voltages are good and doesn’t appear to be any shorts.

Also I’m testing WITHOUT the ICs plugged in.

Try inserting the LT1045 and test again…

Ha ha, awesome!

I was sat staring at it thinking ‘My instinct is to test without the ICs in but that IC is a DC convertor…surely not?’

Well at least it might save someone else making the same mistake :smiley:

Thanks shifter.

@neilbaldwin
Please edit the “reasonably experienced builder” into something that states your Caste in the ShruthiVersum™

LOL

Maybe it was a test that only shiftr passed. Thought about that, eh?

:slight_smile:

Ah, so we will redifine “reasonably experienced” to “might forget a chip here and there”

Well, technically, I didn’t insert ANY of the ICs… LOL

Damn Frank, I saw the forgetting a chip thing and thought about potatoes, then scrolled further, it’s like a prize!

are there really potatoes in pringles?

Yes. To some degree.

I think its made of 4,2% Potatoes, 97,8% dehydrated, finely milled Waste and 17% Monosodium Glutamate and synthetic artificial Flavours. And Salt. Ill just drop over the Tanke™ and grab one…

How Pringles are made: link Scroll to 2:20 for the chips. Yes, she sounds very condescending.

I once had a guided tour of a company where real chips are made and I had some serious concerns after that… all potatoes that enter the factory go onto a conveyor belt and they all pass ONE lady with a small knife. She throws out the bad potatoes (the ones that have turned blue or have other problems) and cuts in two the ones that are too big. But she was a really fat and untidy person and every so often she would blow her nose in a big hankerchief that was untidy too. Every time she blew her nose, two or three bad potatoes would go by without being removed. Now, every time there is a half blackend and blue chip in my packet, I have to think of this lady.

But the funny thing is, that I discovered that even the ‘naural’ taste chips have to be sprinkled with ‘natural’ taste flavouring. We got to taste some fresh baked chips without any seasoning and they really did not have any taste at all. A bit like crunchy cardboard discs.

So I am not convinced the pringles are all that more artificial than ordinary chips. What potatoes are in there are just finely ground and molded in shape again.

Which, thinking of the fat lady, might be a good thing.

I wouldn’t worry so much eating potato chips. That fat lady with a cold has probably moved and now works at quality control for Foxconn checking 7905 regulators…

See here for the definitive Potao Chips

oh, and i made an entry here

These chips look a lot more attractive. So does the lady.