Another Shruthi editor!

Good to hear. I spotted your Mac screenshot earlier in the thread, so it was a silly question. Sorry about that.

a|x

Here’s the updated version. Matrix stuff not tested well, in fact the whole thing is not well tested yet. Messages from Shruthi dials back to editor not working yet - will need a Ctrlr update for that to happen (see this thread for more info).

Shruthi Ctrlr panel

Yeah will test it :slight_smile:

If I get this Blofeld finished anytime soon, I’ll start experimenting with some knobman ideas

@dnigrin: trying to figure out ctrlr, how did you manage to find out the code you entered on yhe properties for say the cutoff knob? I’m no midi whizz or anything and in the past have only been able to map things usIng CC’s but there’s some code on the cutoff parameter you’ve used which missing from my panel and managed to get mine working?

Bit clueless but I’m learning! Meanwhile I’m just trying to build a background GUI image for mine, if all goes well then maybe we could collaborate if I get to a comfortable stage. :slight_smile: I’m no gfx whizz either tho! Going to hopefully look for some knob tragic generators too, seems theres quite a few available

@talon: you need to use the MIDI implementation chart towards the end of the Shruthi documentation . Look in the section called “(Nerdy stuff) Synthesis parameters accessible by MIDI”.

You can build a remote controller using either CC messages or NRPN messages - I chose the latter, because of the greater resolution without scaling, and also availability of more controls via NRPN.

To build a control within Ctrlr for the cutoff value for example (using NRPN messages):

1) Start Ctrlr app, click Devices icon and make sure MIDI device(s) you want to use are selected.
2) Make new empty panel. In properties panel on right, make sure MIDI output device is chosen for the device you want to use.
3) Right click on panel, add UISlider (makes a knob) component.
4) Click once on knob, to reveal its parameter pane on right.
5) There are many things you can adjust here, but to get it working quickly: change MIDI message type to Multi.
6) Change MIDI controller number to 12 (info from table in Shruthi docs)
7) Click the blue block icon with a + on it, just above Multi Message List box, and choose NRPN.
8) Change Minimum value to 0, Maximum value to 127 (info from table in Shruthi docs).
9) Click the Mode icon in the toolbar to get out of Edit mode, and that should be it…

Those are the basics…

Thanks for that mate. :slight_smile:

Managed to get a panel going, pretty basic and havent added a mod matrix yet but the most part is there (although graphically it needs work).

I cant figure out how to get this thing running in logic pro tho. :frowning: any hints?

Preview:

Sexy!

Nice!

Re: getting it to work as a plugin: in the package that you downloaded, you’ll see both a Ctrlr AU and a VST - you can put them each in their respective Components and VST folders in your Plug-Ins folder. Then start up Logic, you should now be able to select the Ctrlr AU plugin (it’s an AU instrument, manufacturer is “Instigator”), which will open up an interface very much like the regular development environment. Once you have that open - just navigate to your saved panel, and open it up, and voila, you have a working Shruthi controller plugin.

To make a dedicated Shruthi AU plugin, once you are at the last step above, you can go to the Save As menu, and choose “Export Player” - that will export your current panel as a standalone AU plugin…

Hope that helps!

Managed to get it working in logic, silly me forgot to add an audio channel to produce the sound, completely forgot i was working with hardware and not a soft synth! :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, decided to start again with something a little better looking:

No mod matrix still, just basic synthesis controls as you can see. Everything is working for me here except Ctrlr still seems a bit buggy when using inside a DAW (in Logic, no modulators are detected for automation, standalone player also doesn’t allow me to select my midi devices, weird).

Anyway, here are the standalone (mac only) and panel files for you to play with if you’re interested. :slight_smile:

Download.

Enjoy. :slight_smile: I probably won’t do anything with this until either Ctrlr is useable or I decide to figure out how to build my own AU/VST from what I’ve built so far with Ctrlr (I have zilch programming experience).

Nice! I’ll give it a try over here when I get a minute. You’re a fast learner! BTW, I’m glad you didn’t combine 2 envelopes, LFOs, etc… like you asked on the Ctrlr forums, I think it’s more functional to keep them separate like you have above…

Thanks! Yeah I though so too, plus I didnt want to spend too much time mucking around to get things working hehe.

If anyone is interested I can zip up all the panel files and resources (including knobman files) so you can expand etc. All controls can be copied across to other panels so you won’t have to spend time resetting everything.

That would be great, thanks.

hey, wouldn’t the detune be better in the osc2 part, and the sub volume in the mixer?

Looks nice!

a|x

yups, rosch is right (edit: as always!) - detuning is not a mixer parameter, but sub volume is. is there a reason why you find this placement more usefull?

I actually copied a similar layout from the TAL-elek7ro synth, plus I thought it was intuitive when it came to programming a patch, jumping from section to section.

Detune, you’re right, I’ll prob put that back into osc2. :slight_smile: