Analogue Haven Event

It sure was a great event. It was Tony’s (of Make Noise) birthday and I was being shy about the unbelievably good strawberry/raspberry shortcake with butter cream frosting from a famous place out here. Tony walked across the room to give me some. I think that about sums up the kinda guy he is! Pleasure to meet and talk to him. Needless to say, the 20 minutes I spent with the Mysteron and ErbVerb were AMAZING. They will be mine…

I also met the J3RK kit guy (another great dude fresh off the Trash Audio show last week and Richard Devine just showed off nothing but a full MI row for a while and it was a lot of people’s first time hearing it and everyone is really paying attention now) They’re all doing weekly modular meets and performances and getting together to record so I think I’m going to get involved…everyone wants Frames…

Didn’t get a chance to talk to “The Harvestman” himself, but a lot of his friends from Long Beach and San Diego were there and all really cool.

ALSO, Mark Verbos was there showing off his full system. Aside from being YET ANOTHER good dude (and lives in NY so I got a few updates on how it’s doing without me- it’s getting along ok, just starting to recover from the loss). Trent frickin Reznor wanted his system for the Grammys so he had to get a case made for him overnight at the place in Brooklyn that does those nice wooden ones that are a skiff row and a tilted row (like a skiff base). But he built his own PSU and will have his own system cases with internal PSUs very soon. The Harmonic oscillator? Amazing. The Voltage Gate/Sequencer/Programmer: probably the best pure analog module I’ve seen. The whole thing together is just mind blowing analogue. Wasn’t going to go near them due to the price but I really might reconsider…they’re also spectacular designs- really easy on the eyes…

I think I may end up with one of the most expensive 12U cases ever…F-me…

Also, forgot to mention Cenk (Mr. Dataline) from Elektron was there and we talked Rytm and he certainly knows me from the forums…yet another good dude. He’s headed back to Sweden tomorrow. I know, @jojjelito, it just hasn’t been the same since he left but he will be back before you know it!

Haha! Eurocrack getting expensive… You got it bad, sir! Nice that Dustin “J3rk” Stroh and some Harvestman was also represented. I’m GASsing for a more rounded/full selection of their modules in my rack. The Bionic Lester is amazing! That Verbos stuff also evoked some drool reflex in me, hope I can win the lottery or something…

I’ve been playing my Braids like crazy since getting it at the post office this Monday. Yarr! That and Ripples are a very very nice combo.

Elektron are mainly based in Gothenburg - they’re the West coast of the Swedish synth scene :slight_smile: Nord, Teenage Engineering and Propellerheads are the East coast.

He send a beefy pulse wave into the trigger on PLUCK mode and do some tweaking!

DO IT

Tempting, this humpday is going to be another long day before I can clear the office.