Analogue 2 Digital Show - Exeter (UK) Saturday 18th May

If anyone is in South West UK on Saturday 18th May do try to visit the Analogue 2 Digital show in Exeter

This is a lovely little show with manageable noise levels, where you can chat to exhibitors and actually hear the gear.

Highlights include Richard Barbieri (Japan, Porcupine Tree), who will be delivering a Vintage Analogue Synth masterclass at the show. Representing the true ‘analogue’ side of A2D, Richard will be demonstrating his three favourite gems from his collection – The Roland System 700 Lab Series semi modular, a Sequential Circuits Prophet 5 polysynth and a Micromoog mono synth.

I met him there last year, and a very nice man he is

I’m involved as well (chairing an industry panel that runs from 11.30am to 1pm) so if any Mutable fans can make it, do come over and have a chat.

Martin

@yewtreemagic
Not sure he owns anything else … lol - and the System 700 was bought for him by the Japan management … he told me that … they chose it , not him …
He is a top guy …

regards

I wish a management team would buy me a modular synth

I was at the final farewell Japan gig in the UK, at the Hammersmith Odeon, and have always loved Richard’s unusual approach to Prophet Five sound design, especially with ring mod stuff.

Martin

@yewtreemagic
We had quite a long conversation about this, he and I last November.
re the programming, indeed real prick up your ears stuff - emulated by him for Propellerhead Reason.

too far for me I am afraid, Bradford based…

cheers