An album dedicated to the Roland Juno-106

Everything on this album is Juno-106 or some samples for drum/effects etc.
I had heaps of fun making it and so I want to share it :slight_smile:
I’m happy to answer any questions about the tracks.
Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/winter-maps/sets/beam-expansion

I love the 106 sounds. I just have an Alpha Juno around, but it does a great job too.
I really enjoyed listening to your tracks! The 106 sonorities are so good that I would almost have preferred every track without drum! But that’s my opinion, great work man!

Nice stuff, hard to believe it’s mostly Juno. I have an Alpha Juno 2 and a Juno 60 sitting around, gotta start using them.

Def cool stuff! Had already listened to it when it popped up in my soundcloud stream!

Thanks a lot for this. My first synth was a 106, bought it 20 years ago. It recently caught the “bad-voicechip-flu” – two broken voices so far :frowning:

I really hope to get some Analogue Renaissance clones to fix this, but I’m not sure if they are still being sold? Glad I can listen to this in the meantime.

There is a procedure with acetone to get them back working. You should take a look on Youtube…
Guess you’ll have nothing to loose at this point, desolder them and give it a try. As far as i’ve been told you have a 50/50 chance that this will work.

I fixed and helped to fix a bunch of 106es recently and my success chance for acetoning is more like 80/20. The trick is to acetone some chips longer and not try to remove epoxy before it is dissolved enough. Some chips took up to 5 days.

@Paulus - Tell me the track you most want to hear without drums and I’ll see what I can do! I could throw it on Soundcloud and post a private link here.

Thanks for the kind comments guys! It means a lot.

I used a HS-60 that belongs to one of my housemates and he had to repair/replace 3 voice cards.
At least it’s a pretty cheap option for those more DIY-minded individuals… he bought it for about 300-400AUD a few years ago.

Here’s a link to my Bandcamp if you want to listen/download/buy in higher quality.
If anyone here wants a free download code then shoot me a PM, I’m happy to send them out here since it’s such a lovely community.
I’m also at the stage where getting some music out there into the public is more important to me than wringing $7 out of every sucker that hears a tune of mine…

Happy synth-ing :slight_smile:

Ah what the heck, here are 10 codes for free downloads.
Click here to redeem them.
Maybe comment if you use one.

6avd-5jlq
n7ge-7g5t
m5ub-5unb
985m-b5vx
3n76-hfgp
w55u-5afn
e88a-72ej
rnnr-vhfy
awa5-ge5f
77m5-3unt

Thank you!
Used the top code:

6avd 5jlq
n7ge-7g5t
m5ub-5unb
985m-b5vx
3n76-hfgp
w55u-5afn
e88a-72ej
rnnr-vhfy
awa5-ge5f
77m5-3unt

This is lovely! Well done. Going to take a nice, long and relaxing listen once I can ensconce myself in the listening chair at home instead of being boxed in at the office.

That’s great work – thanks for sharing!

6avd 5jlq
n7ge 7g5t
m5ub-5unb
985m-b5vx
3n76-hfgp
w55u-5afn
e88a-72ej
rnnr-vhfy
awa5-ge5f
77m5-3unt

thanks a lot for that!
About the drum thing, no sweat, it was more a personal thought, you did it the way you liked and it should stay this way!
This album will be perfect when I’m working!

6avd 5jlq
n7ge 7g5t
m5ub 5unb
985m-b5vx
3n76-hfgp
w55u-5afn
e88a-72ej
rnnr-vhfy
awa5-ge5f
77m5-3unt

Awesome! Many, many thanks again!

6avd 5jlq