AMBIKA-Tuning those filterboards (SRM4)

Hi everybody. I´m stuck on tuning my six srm4 voicecards correctly.
Here is what I did :
Cutoff 63, res 63 no modulation. only one voice going to main out.
tuned every note to the exact same pitch ( on a chromatic tuner ) . I don´t get an exact octave between c3 and c4. It´s kind of more c3 and c#4.
I tuned every voice to a level where those two notes seemed to be quite as loud as each other with a perfect pitch on the lower note. Then I did this step on every voice card and managed to closely come to a point where every voice board sounds alike. Voicecard six has a slight higher note than the other cards although the lower note is in pitch.
I don´t get it. I also recognized a big difference in pitch - like on a guitar. the seem to detune quite a bit during working on em.
Am I getting this right ? The sound is digital and not detuned - the filter detunes the signal if it´s not pitched right ? Right ?
Is it that important to do this so precisely ?
Thanks for helping me out once again. I´m quite done … :slight_smile:

You have to tune to get the octave. Not to get a perfect pitch. It doesn’t matter to get a perfect pitch because it’s the cutoff you’re tuning, not the oscillators! The oscillators will be in tune anyway.

is there a specific note i have to tune it to ? or just get that octave between c3 and c4 ?

Just play an octave, and tune so that you get an octave.

For example, if you play C3 - C4 and you get A3+ and A4+, it’s fine! You’re tuning to get the right intervals, not the right note.

"You have to tune to get the octave. Not to get a perfect pitch. It doesn’t matter to get a perfect pitch because it’s the cutoff you’re tuning, not the oscillators! The oscillators will be in tune anyway."
Personally i understand this that you have to tune it so 2 Notes played and Octave apart will sound exactly one octave apart (1:2 or 2:1 Frequency Ratio) and that the exact note doesn’t matter as long as you get the interval right.

try the tubeohm filter calibration app, makes it simple

hey thanks to everybody. I think I made it. I have octaves an every voicecard now. let the party begin.