I’m currently working on an Ambika M4L patch. I just started with the interface. There are three versions. I included some pictures. Don’t wonder about the knob values and positions, it’s just an interface/layout test. It’s also missing some interface elements (like poly/mono, portamento, etc.).
- Is a M4L patch wanted/desired? Is anyone else working on it?
- Which version do you like more?
- Do you have other interface ideas?
- I’m not happy with the Modifier/Modulation interface. It isn’t clear and intuitive. Has anyone a better idea to solve the problem?
- Should the selection of the waveform, Xmod, etc. be changeable with a knob or are the menus okay? You can’t easily automate a menu in Ableton (you need to switch to the envelope view), while you can automate knobs (especially in Ableton 9, where you can also automate them in the session view). On the other hand a menu can show you the complete name of a waveform/selectable item
- I’m also not sure, if I should include the arp/note sequence section. If you are working with Ableton (which will be the case, if you are using the patch), you could equally use the m4l note sequencer and ableton arpreggiator. Including the arp/note sequence settings would make the patch interface bigger and more complex.
I’m happy about every comment and idea