After finally getting this compiling business sorted, I’ve added my first round of mods so thought I’d share.I haven’t got my head around Github properly yet, but I’ll move this there eventually (someone want to help me?).
Github Repo has arrived.
It’s just a few tweaks on top of the awesome YAM firmware (thanks Bjarne!)
Repeatedly pressing buttons for ENV/LFO and MOD pages now cycles through slots.
- Makes for muscle memory access to what you’re after quickly. e.g (double click for LFO2)
Turbo patch name editing!
- Can now press A,a or 1 to jump to those characters, insert space, or move cursor with buttons.
- Super quick 2 handed name editing!
- ( A | a | 1 | _ | <- | -> save | exit)
Solo polyphony mode:
- Same as mono but only uses a single voice. Great if you designed a patch for a single voice (legato/glide) but want to load it onto a part that has multiple voices assigned and don’t want the unison/stacked sound.
Arp Latch Mode:
- Acts like the arp latch on Microkorg. Pressing a key once triggers note on, a second time for note off.
Optional CC Maps (pref page 2)
- Can choose between Ambika standard, Shruthi XT, and Novation Launchkey CC assignments (more to come)
- Ideally these would be loadable from SDcard, but the only way I can think to fit them would be to use the boot loader to overwrite CC maps in progmem which is beyond my skills
Work in progress…
- USB host for Launchkey via Arduino micro+micro USB Host via port 7 for connecting Launchkey directly to the Ambika.
- Buss power the Arduino micro+Launchkey (might need regulator upgrade on ambika???)
- Launchkey Sequencer mode: RGB pads will show sequence ‘playhead’ with one color, and knobs will edit either note, seq1 or seq2 depending on mode. Idle pads will show other colors whose intensity will represent the current sequencer values.
- (‘Launchkey Seq’ mode is already in prefs page 2, but only shows the playhead now)
Source Code: Macros for enabling/disabling various functions to free up space temporarily to mess around.
It seems stable to me, but as I have no idea how to monitor SRAM, I don’t know for sure.
@pichenettes did you hide any functions for determining free RAM in there???