Ambika- controlling multiple parameters at once

when using the ambika is there a way to control 2 parameters at once? for example changing the oscillator for both 1 and 2 instead of selecting each one in two steps. or controlling all the envelopes at once rather than each one individually?

Sorry, there’s no such thing…

That’s a shame - would definitely save time for certain patching. Any chance something like that could show up in an os update ?

Let’s see if you can describe how you want it to be implemented…

sure thing; i think i got used to the idea from using the kiwitechnics patch editor with a roland mks 80, the mks 80 is duotimbral and the patch editor had a function so that you could edit both (upper and lower) patches at the same time rather than switching between each patch. this was cool because you could take two of the same patches and slightly detune each patch to make bigger sounding chords or layering two bass patches together and then editing them together. it was a lot of switching back and forth but programming became really fast with this option of editing multiple parameters with one action instead of menu diving back and forth…

http://www.kiwitechnics.com/patcheditor.htm

it would be an amazing function for the ambika’s multitimbral capabilities

i could also see something similar just within one monotimbral patch itself, having the ability to control all the envelopes at once to quickly sculpt the sound or to have one knob function to control the parameters of osc mix for example. its minor but i do think this would help with the workflow to have the option. i dont know if its posisble with the hardware, but maybe holding down the osc mix button and turning a the wav knob would allow it to effect both wav’s, or holding the env button down and turning the attack would effect the attack of all three envelopes. im not sure if this is even possible, there might be way simpler way to do it this is just off the top of my head.

hope this helps