Ambika 4P voicecard BOM

Hi,

I noticed that the official BOM for C1 and C27 for the Mouser part points to an NP capacitor specified to 25V, whereas the BOM explicitly states >35V. So, can this part be used or should the BOM be updated?

Also, for C14, C25, C33 there seems to be a part available at Reichelt that is only 7mm tall: SM 100/16RAD.

Best, ilmenator

What voltage does the PSU of the Ambika deliver? Now think yourselves :wink:

BTW the Reichelt Part is rated 16V…

The equivalent Mouser part is rated 16V as well.

To what conclusion did your thoughts lead you?
(Hint: what does the voltage stated mean?)

… i am the evil teacher of deciphering BOMs

Boy, where did you get that sunburn? That’s scary!

The Reichelt part is good, as is the Mouser part. I guess I should be more blunt when suggesting the update (or bluntly speaking: the correction) of information :-).

To answer your initial Question:
The Voltage Rating for Caps is the maximum safe Voltage the Cap will deliver its estimated Lifespan. Since the Ambika only uses ± 8V a rating of 35V or 25V is either fine (in fact both will live as long as the Material allows), even 16V is twice as much as needed.

that red is just the lesson he learned from falling asleep on his laser cutter after several boxes of tannenzäpfle™

@fcd72: I should have known that the polite Scandinavian way of hiding a suggestion inside of a question does not work on an Internet forum :wink: !

@ilmenator
yes, i guess we will have to live with this. a lot more gets lost if the net is displayed on on of these tiny phonethingies…

C1 is subject to a DC voltage < 1V. C2 is subject to a DC voltage of 2.048V. So voltage ratings are not an issue here.