Amber LCD for the Shruthi?

I’ve been scouring the net for Amber LCD options, but I know enough to know that I don’t know very much :wink:

It seems that amber is not as popular as (I feel) it should be. For that matter, the LCD selection at Farnell was way less than expected, and I find the same is true of Mouser and Digi-Key. I ordered the Black-on-Amber from Farnell (Midas), but of course it is back ordered for some ridiculous amount of time.

So I’m posting here on the off-chance that one of you kind and wisely folks will have seen an amber (ideally amber-on-amber, but amber-on-black is good too… black-on-amber is my last choice, especially since I’ve already bought one) LCD display that will work with the Shruthi.

(The ocotopart site pichenettes just told me about lists a grand total of three, all black on amber, all Midas, and all Farnell: http://octopart.com/partsearch#!?q=LCD%20amber%2016x2&start=0&limit=10 )

In stock at Mouser

If you can’t find the LCD colour you want there’s always LCD displays with an RGB backlight. You can then use resistors or PWM to change the colour.

@pichenettes, <3 <3 <3

@6581punk, I’m not sure I’m ready for modifying the Shruthi build at this point. I was looking at one of those. Trouble is I’m really looking forward to my Polivoks have the black metal case with the old school amber glow :slight_smile:

(Yes, probably sacrilege not to use red, I know :wink: