About the Microfreak

Well, there’s a lot of often more subtle double entendre in MI product names and marketing copy, so that was probably intended as a honest homage… :slight_smile:

Except for the association you took offensive of, they seem to have toned down their marketing copy just now.

1 Like

Oh ? Pardon my French :wink:
Totally haven’t caught such aspect.

yes, it already looks much better now. the “teamed up with” bit and most of the “collaborations” are gone. at this point, there is only one “collaboration” left on the bottom of the page. that will probably go, too.

1 Like

I will just leave this here :slight_smile:

5 Likes

To be fair though I probably wouldn’t have been interested in the MicroFreak if a quick scan hadn’t clearly stated “Plaits”, I think if fairly large manufacturers are going to make significant gains from the association they should at least insist on making a donation to a cause of your choosing or put a percentage of profit from each unit toward a charity, that would be in the spirit of MI’s unusual business model and clarify your lack of culpability regarding any products using or adapting your code.

3 Likes

I wonder if they’ve also used some of Marbles’ code for their “spice and dice” sequencer features. I don’t know one way or the other of course, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

Nope.

Interesting how the Synth Anatomy person was also confused by Aturia’s mention of “collaboration”:

Someone from Arturia has sent apologies and the site is being reworked.

One more reason to close all those browser tabs.

35 Likes

Also, Arturia’s CEO called to apologize and given how confusing the first two minutes of the conversation were I THINK THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I PASSED VOCALLY :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

50 Likes

32-570387a69e8b0__605

7 Likes

All is well that ends well.

Maybe after the Microfreak you can work on a real collaboration? :slight_smile: I think in theory Arturia is a good fit. They are also located in France and are open for innovation :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:raised_hand::eye::tongue::eye::raised_back_of_hand:

3 Likes

This has to be one of the more bizarre synth releases i’ve seen in my lifetime!
Still, it seems the air is clearer now?

Which is just as well because I actually quite like the synth! Not sure if i’d buy one however… Too many synths here not getting enough love as it is.

3 Likes

At the very least, I hope Arturia will send you the finished product!

2 Likes

Um, dare I say it may have been “Transition Dreams” from Egan’s Luminous anthology?

Edit: oooh, that Lai jewellery does look nice! Partner birthday gift conundrum solved! https://in.lai-designs.com

1 Like

Taking a second look after it all boils down:

Who else other than me thinks the ModMatrix handling with just one PushEncoder is quite clever?

And: if they would have left the skewed panel above the keyboard blank instead of using MI-ish graphics it wouldnt be as half as ugly aesthetically challenging.

2 Likes

The mod matrix is neat. But mostly, it’s just really nice that you’re back! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I second that :slight_smile: