1 problem becomes two

Using my working 4pm to troubleshoot my new yellow magic and now neither are working :frowning: all controls work, voltages are correct, but no audio from either.

Just want to confirm that when I hold the fifth button for five seconds I should hear something at osc on the control board if I connect the sleeve to ground and touch the tip to osc. No sound there even…thanks if anyone has any input

> Just want to confirm that when I hold the fifth button for five seconds I should hear something at osc on the control board

Yes - and of course by sending a MIDI note you’ll get something on the OSC> point too!

I alway hold the 1st button… never tried the 5th

Ok, I’m not getting a sound there. Looks like that point is just directly connected to the big atmel chip, which I only have one of which may explain why neither shruthis work…strange that it seems to work in every other way.

Sorry to dig up an old thread…is it possible that just part of the atmel chip could be not working correctly? The menus and everything work, I’m reading the correct voltages on my filterboard, but I’m getting no sound at the OSC< pin of the control board if I ground the sleeve and touch the pin with the tip. There are pops, I don’t think it’s the oscillator anyway. Anything else I could be missing that I should be testing? I think I will either have to learn to burn these or just order two more atmel chips.

Very unlikely… Bad solder point on the MCU, or a pin of the MCU got bent while it was inserted in the socket.

Have you tried checking straight at the MCU pin?

I was avoiding pulling the display up, but I will try it tonight. Thank you Olivier.

You can check first if you can hear the audio at the osc out point on the MCU. Just to be really sure your problems is there, before you pull out the display for nothing.

check here… Even if it is a bad solder joint you could maybe ‘repair’ it from the bottom by adding a jumper wire… Pulling the display is risky.

Oh and did you try sending it midi?

SENDING MIDI WORKS! How did I manage to make the sequencer stop working is the question now. Thanks Shiftr and Olivier