1.2 sequence browsing completely clarified

Hello all just got my first shruthi and I have one little niggle that is no doubt a very stupid/annoying querie but I dont THINK its a case of RTFM and the info I’ve found on it so far is somewhat vague to me so I need a little wisedom to help clarify things once and for all.
(brace selves for possible redundant question)

Just be crystal clear If I’m on 1.2 firmware does that mean I can’t navigate through different preset sequences/patterns? Its been stated On v1.00 and above, sequences are saved along with patches but how do I actually change patterns If im just using the module and no computer? everything I’ve looked on this was either the old method or didnt specfically clarify the input. I also read In another topic that you could no longer change sequences “on the fly”

My goal here is to be on whatever firmware allows me to change both patches and sequences on the fly without things stopping and if I do need to roll back is there a special procedure or is just same principal as updating to newer firmware?

Forgive me if I’m not understanding this right and if I’m posting something redundant but I wasnt sure I should bump old threads and cause a further nuisance to the forum. Thank you for your patience in advanced : )

> il just try load up an older version same as I would new firmware?

Yes.

v1.00, v1.01 and v1.02 group the sequencer pattern and patch together, so these are not the versions you need.

v0.9x allow independent load/save of the sequencer pattern and patch settings BUT in any case there’s a little discontinuity when browsing through saved data.

Thanks for the speedy reply! discontinuity? by that you I cant roll back or that I’d lose saved patches?

You won’t lose anything upgrading/downgrading.

What I meant by discontinuity is that with all versions of the firmware the sound freezes for a short while when loading patches or sequences.

Thanks! I suppose il just try load up an older version same as I would new firmware?

You might also want to check my slightly altered version of the 1.02 firmware
I’ve found that the patch load discontinuity to be hardly noticeable and that realtime patch/sequence switching works great.

> You might also want to check my slightly altered version of the 1.02 firmware
I’ve found that the patch load discontinuity to be hardly noticeable and that realtime patch/sequence switching works great.

Cheers shiftr I got your updated zip look into that! its mostly changing patterns I’m concerned with at the moment. Also 1 more noob question that will show my massive ignorance of how things are updated. If sysEX files are used to update things what is the purpose of the midi and hex files in the zip and other simliar archives on here?(I have yet to try backup or load anything through a midi input) Thanks in advanced

MIDI = can be used with a standard sequencer instead of a specialized SysEx transfer tool.

HEX = can be used with a chip programmer.

Hi there. I’m new to both this forum and shruthi - just getting to grips with it. I was reading the manual and trying to figure out why i couldn’t store sequences or load them. Turns out I’m running yam.04

could you point me in the right direction - just want to be able to save load sequences… quite like idea of your alternative version but when I click it takes me to the main topics list. Where can I get syx firmware to try? cant find any… not even sure if i can save load sequences on this firmware to be honest as there’s no documentation. On the plus side, I do like the clock divider feature.

appreciate any help

The old firmware for the Shruthi can be downloaded here

Sequences are not tied to patches in this version.